Disembarcation on the Wind Surf

marcc

Hi,

We will be traveling on the Wind Surf May 2 to May 9 round trip from Civitavecchia.

Does anyone know how early and quickly we can disembark? We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 am and there is a train connection we were hoping to catch at 08:45. It's a 10 to 15 minute walk to the station. Am I dreaming to think that we have a chance to make this train?

Thanks

MarcC

Hi,

We will be traveling on the Wind Surf May 2 to May 9 round trip from Civitavecchia.

Does anyone know how early and quickly we can disembark? We are scheduled to arrive at 8:00 am and there is a train connection we were hoping to catch at 08:45. It's a 10 to 15 minute walk to the station. Am I dreaming to think that we have a chance to make this train?

Thanks

MarcC

I think you are pushing it if you really don't arrive until 8. (that seems late - arrival is usually more like 6 on turnaround days.) Things don't always go like clockwork with customs officials who board the ship and clear it. You also have to claim your luggage shoreside after you get off and before you walk to the train.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks

MarcC

I'd ask Windstar, but my gut reaction is "no way". I haven't disembarked in Civitavecchia, but when we arrived in Athens it was quite a period of time before we were allowed off the ship. There are customs formalities, and then you still need to find your luggage in a big area where they sort of pile it up.

• 7 months later...

We were catching the 8.56 to Pisa ~ we walked ~ still arrived in plenty of time to buy tickets ~ and wave the Rome bound guys off.

At the end of the day is just the luck of the draw on the day I suspect ~ things can go well ~ or they can run late ~ go with the flow is best attitude and catch the next one if your running late ~ they are reasonably frequent

Ian

Archived