Question on Guarantee assignments

My DGF and I have booked for the May 29th sailing and booked the OV GTY room. Our first room assignment was on deck 3 connecting, so I called my TA and we went back into the Guarantee Pool. The beginning of the following week we were assigned to room #10500 which was a front facing porthole OV. Again we called and went back into the pool.

My TA advised me to not only look at the room # but to following prices and watch for price drops.

So I have been doing that. We are currently assigned to room #7116. I'm ok with that but DGF is worried because its so Forward on ship and she gets seasick.

The questions is does RCCL change stateroom assignments for guarantees after they've been assigned?

It seems those with an Inside Guarantee are getting better results with balconies than the OV guarantee and I'm considering changing to that to get the OBC.

Just because a couple got upgraded doesnt mean its happening very often. Im willing to bet odds are against getting more than a inside cabin with a inside gty. If you would be happy in a inside, go for it, but dont take it with the expectation that because two people reported getting upgraded, when you dont know how early or late they booked or how full the ship was.

My upgrade that I reported I got from inside to OV came because I booked 4 days before the cruise left, and there were only 2 insides left unbooked .. I didnt mentioned how close to sailing date it was on the thread ... there could be details like this you dont know.

I would have stuck with the front facing cabin.... that's not a porthole... it's a great big window and the room itself because the way the window slants is larger.... its actually a pretty cool cabin for an oceanview.

Thanks for throwing that info out there about the forward rooms. My buddy and I booked that room because they are not that common, and I thought the windows looked large. Plus our friends who are not going said it will be fun to see the pictures of me propped up against it after a night at the bar thinking I am steering the ship! :)

Archived