Recommendation for Diveshop in Acapulco?

Laurie S.

I'm taking a Carnival New Year's cruise to Manzanillo, Iztapa, and Acapulco and plan on diving at each port. I don't want to use Carnival's diving excursions. I already have good leads for diveshops at Manzanillo and Iztapa, but still need one for Acapulco. I know it's not the best place to dive, but heck, it's water. Considering we don't leave port until 11 pm, I'm hoping to get four dives in.

I'm taking a Carnival New Year's cruise to Manzanillo, Iztapa, and Acapulco and plan on diving at each port. I don't want to use Carnival's diving excursions. I already have good leads for diveshops at Manzanillo and Iztapa, but still need one for Acapulco. I know it's not the best place to dive, but heck, it's water. Considering we don't leave port until 11 pm, I'm hoping to get four dives in.

Hey Laurie,

I went diving in Acapulco in April 2006. I used Acapulco Scuba Center. www.acapulcoscuba.com

My contact was Jose. Can't recall the name of the DM who taught my photography class and was our guide for the dives. It's been awhile. But he's no longer there. He's on the Atlantic side now. But the diving was good. Saw several puffer, snakes, eels. And my first sea horse. It was a blast. Temps were mid 70's. I wore a 3mm suit and was fine. No hood or gloves. So contact them and see if they work with you. They were quite safety oriented. They had good equipment but older BC's at the time. I had taken my own so I was fine.

Hope this helps.

Archived