past guest question about upgrades etc...

CRU1Z1N

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but can't find my answer...

We booked as past guest..if fares go down do we get an onboard credit? We booked a 6B cabin...if a higher category is less than what we paid can we move up or onboard credit? Not sure how it works with past guest.

Thanks...

Yes, this has been their policy for about 1-1/2 years. Unless you book Early Saver, which I haven't for various reasons.

I just "upgraded" myself from a 1A to a 4E for an additional $24.

Being that I'm sailing solo, it sure would be nice to get the price drop, but I understand the policy, so I took the slightly-larger cabin (and will have a big, comfy bed all to myself!).

I also changed rates and my PVP gave me the various options under the different fare codes. I was better off with the senior rate. The PG rate was the same $, but was an automatic upgrade to a deck I didn't really want, and the cabins available weren't in a central location that I wanted (I have motion sickness issues).

Just call them. They'll tell you what you can move to, and if you're willing to pay just a little more, you may be able to move up several categories.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but can't find my answer...

We booked as past guest..if fares go down do we get an onboard credit? Yes, up to final Payment Deadline for Past Guest booking.

We booked a 6B cabin...if a higher category is less than what we paid can we move up or onboard credit? Before AND After final Payment Deadline, if the Past Guest rate for a higher cabin drops to/below your Past Guest Rate you can be upgraded to the higher CAtegory, if available (there are apparently a few Cabin Categories excluded from this Policy) Not sure how it works with past guest.

Thanks...

Ken

Archived