Triumph Passengers - Say Hi to Ian!

mtruddoh

well, dang...I had to sail before I saw the pic posted or saw your name, Matt...I only saw two trumpet players in the show band--one was a woman, and even though I didn't sit very near the front, I believe the male trumpet player was Ian, whose pic you posted...because I hadn't seen the subsequent posts, I was too shy to go up to him and assume he was Ian...if I had seen the post about the contest, though, I definitely would have been "in" :)

well, dang...I had to sail before I saw the pic posted or saw your name, Matt...I only saw two trumpet players in the show band--one was a woman, and even though I didn't sit very near the front, I believe the male trumpet player was Ian, whose pic you posted...because I hadn't seen the subsequent posts, I was too shy to go up to him and assume he was Ian...if I had seen the post about the contest, though, I definitely would have been "in" :)

Sorry tiger...I tried to get the pics up as soon as I could. Darn work hindering things!

He posted on FB that he got sunburnt in Cozumel...somehow he forgot that I told him that the sun is killer there.

Just got the first official word of someone saying hi to him. Direct from Facebook "So maybe you should explain to me why two people came up to the pit after my show tonight and said "Matt Rudd told us to say hi to you" lol what the heck?"

Good job to the first 2. I won't tell him for a while. Keep it up. It would be awesome every sailing that he gets a "Hi".

This is greatness! We sail June 12 and will definitely say "Hi" to Ian. This is after you meet up with him, so by then I am sure he will know what is going on.

Maybe I won't mention it...play dumb to it all.

I guess my name would help. You can tell him Matt, Rudd, or Matt Rudd said hi. Thanks all!

Hi

We will be on in December, if his contract goes that long.

And we say Hi from who?

mtruddoh?

Trudeau?

M?

etc.

Hope he has a blast!

Here ya go.

Hello,

Don & I went up to the pit and told Ian Matt Rudd said to say Hi! His expression was priceless. He said "No Way". We told him oh yes, and you had told us the two of you had been friends since you were 7 years old. He really got interested and told us a bit about you too.

When the band had a 3 hour performance in one of the lounges we talked to him again and requested a picture with us. He said he had sent you an e-mail about strangers coming up and introducing themselves and you hadn't replied.

Real nice guy and a good trumpet player. Really enjoyed listening to him.

Here is your picture. This was a lot of fun.070-1.jpg

Hello,

Don & I went up to the pit and told Ian Matt Rudd said to say Hi! His expression was priceless. He said "No Way". We told him oh yes, and you had told us the two of you had been friends since you were 7 years old. He really got interested and told us a bit about you too.

When the band had a 3 hour performance in one of the lounges we talked to him again and requested a picture with us. He said he had sent you an e-mail about strangers coming up and introducing themselves and you hadn't replied.

Real nice guy and a good trumpet player. Really enjoyed listening to him.

Here is your picture. This was a lot of fun.070-1.jpg

Thank You!! Great job and congrats on the first pic. You are the first winner.

I saw his e-mail but didn't reply only to make him wonder even more...haha.

I will not be sailing with this cruise but I did stop in and read the posts. I think this is a wonderful thing that you are doing for your friend. :)

That's what friends are for right?

My family will be on the July 5th sailing. I am a musician myself, and always try to chat with the ship musicians whenever I get a chance. This will be fun!

Archived