Very forward cabin = seasick?

DBF and I booked OV gaurantee and we got put in a very forward room... 3 times! The first time was as far forward as you can get like facing front and the next 2 our travel agent changed to were like 2 in from the front. Were really not that picky but I get really seasick so I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with a very fwd room and it having much more motion than the rest of ship??

I just had the fourth room from the front our our Carnival Dream and I didn't notice any extra movement at all, maybe even less as you are closer to where the ships cut through the water and may get less of the wake movement. I found that I felt less movement on the front than the rear...

I just had the fourth room from the front our our Carnival Dream and I didn't notice any extra movement at all, maybe even less as you are closer to where the ships cut through the water and may get less of the wake movement. I found that I felt less movement on the front than the rear...

Wow, I'm surprised but happy to hear about your experience on the CCL Dream.

We are sailing on her in August four from the aft on Deck 8 but mostly read that you can definately feel more motion on this ship than other CCL ships and also shuttering.

It has me definately concerend since we usually sail on RCCL ships (Voyager class) and never have a problem with the motion. I know it is a ship in the water but we prefer less movement. Thanks for your opinion about the cabin. I appreciate it.

We are sailing on her in August four from the aft on Deck 8 but mostly read that you can definately feel more motion on this ship than other CCL ships and also shuttering.

It has me definately concerend since we usually sail on RCCL ships (Voyager class) and never have a problem with the motion. I know it is a ship in the water but we prefer less movement. Thanks for your opinion about the cabin. I appreciate it.

I think how much motion you feel is very dependent on the weather. We had some loyal Carnival folks on Voyager who said they were never going on RCL again, as they must design their ships wrong, as they had never gotten seasick on Carnival and did on Voyager. It was some kind of odd side to side motion, that affected others who never before got seasick.

You say you arent picky about your cabin, but then upset about it enough to try 3 times to get a more mid ship location. If you get seasick that much, sometimes its worth it to pay for your location?

If its bouncy outside, you will feel it more aft or more forward of course.

Nicole,

There's nothing wrong with trying to get a better cabin with a guarantee....not being picky at all!! If you can get a good room at a lower price, why not? I'm a first time cruiser so I can't really answer your question but I leave on May 8, so I can find out for you if you like. What deck are you on?

I can't say that I ever really felt any shutters unless we were socking and that is on all ships, but the ship does seem to creak a lot, not sure if it is because it is new and needs to bend and ware a bit...and the walls do seem to be a bit thing but I will tell you the rooms are a nice size, especially the bathroom...not cramped at all. I really enjoyed the Dream, do NOT miss the piano bar, it is like group karaoke...so much fun! My only real complaint with that ship is the buffet and specialty areas...just always seemed crowded. I will tell you if the line isn't too long go to the deli, the sandwiches are fabulous...

This wasn't on the Oasis, but I did "feel" the ship the most when I've been in the front. Didn't bother me, but my wife was a little seasick the first night. First time she ever got sick (10 cruises for her).

I really doubt that this ship would have much trouble with a lot of motion, unless it was in a serious storm.

That being said, I like feeling the ship rock a little. Reminds me that I'm actually on a boat!

You say you arent picky about your cabin, but then upset about it enough to try 3 times to get a more mid ship location. If you get seasick that much, sometimes its worth it to pay for your location?

Is this to me? I am VERY picky about my cabin location. I am an experienced cruiser and some say have control issues LOL and always know exactly where I want to be. I never even like to be midship. As far aft is always where I choose.

I can't say that I ever really felt any shutters unless we were socking and that is on all ships, but the ship does seem to creak a lot, not sure if it is because it is new and needs to bend and ware a bit...and the walls do seem to be a bit thing but I will tell you the rooms are a nice size, especially the bathroom...not cramped at all. I really enjoyed the Dream, do NOT miss the piano bar, it is like group karaoke...so much fun! My only real complaint with that ship is the buffet and specialty areas...just always seemed crowded. I will tell you if the line isn't too long go to the deli, the sandwiches are fabulous...

Thanks Tracyann. We usually sail RCCL and trying the Dream for my dd's Sweet 16 since the price was substantially lower than RCCL. We figured 16 year old girls would have fun regardless and it gives my dh and me an excuse to try something new. Although we sailed on EOS about 3-4 times, we did sail on her about the first 6 months she came out and don't remember hearing creaking due to new ship.

I'm going in open minded and looking to have fun so I am sure that is what we will get.

Thanks again!

Archived