Can you walk into the Port of Tampa?

KandCsailing

I've been searching the web and I can't find out if the Port of Tampa for a Carnival cruise is easy to walk your luggage into. A lot of hotels are really close, but they offer shuttles? Just wondering if we need a shuttle or taxi. We walked into the Manhattan's Port no problem, but I remember some of our Florida ports being in large shipping areas, and not close to the road.

Yes you can. You just go down the sidewalk to the overhang and give your luggage to the porters, then get in lione to enter the facilities. I guess if you don't have a lot of luggage beyond carryon and are stay at the Embassy Suites or Marriott Cahnnelside, it's not too bad of a walk. Ybor City hotels or hotels to the west of the Civic Center are probably a bit too far to walk. Might get a bit steamy in the summertime though. And nothing's covered if its raining.

Thanks. We are looking at the Embassy in September.

We did 10 blocks with our rolling suitcases and carry ons in New York last Sept. by accident and we did it again on the return, just because we knew we could.

Sometimes we just rather walk it, then get in a massive shuttle or taxi waiting group.

The other possibility is the historic streetcar. It stops in front of the hotel and right in front of the pier. I believe it's $2.50 pp.

The pier is right across the street from Channelside, an entertainment complex, so whatever you chose to do, walk, streetcar, cab, it's very much doable.

btw, a cab ride from the hotel will be $5 one way plus a tip. (It's the minimum charge). You won't have to wait in any long lines. Cabs are waiting for you...:)

Archived