San Pedro boarding ??

39august

We usually arrive in Miami at 11 AM and are on board before noon. Will this be the case at San Pedro for the Vision? Also, is there a priority boarding area there for suite passengers and Platinum and Diamond members?

You can start boarding at 11 if the incoming people have cleared customs. Some people have tryed to bring drugs in and were caught and we did not get off till 1pm. They had to sherch all luggage before they would let us off. There is no special boarding the last time I was there.

I was on the Jan. 17 sailing of the Monarch and we got to the pier at around 11AM. We were directed to the lounge for platinum/diamond members and waited approximately an hour, 12 noon, until boarding was announced. Our cabins were not ready until about 1:30.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the service we received. For a 4 night cruise I thought it was excellent. Our only minor disappointment was our cabin steward. Although he always had ice for us, he was invisible. I expect more interaction with my steward escpecially when I am in a suite. A couple of times, I did have to ask that he clean something that had been overlooked. Our waiter in the dining room was excellent as were all the other staff members we encountered throughout the cruise.

Our only minor disappointment was our cabin steward. Although he always had ice for us, he was invisible. I expect more interaction with my steward escpecially when I am in a suite.

Unfortunately, I feel this is the way of the future with RCI. They have this team concept with the cabin stewards now that I really don't care for. While effecient, it leads to less interaction with the guest. On our November sailing on Explorer and our January sailing on Monarch I barely saw the cabin stewards. On Vision and Legend our stewards addressed by name every time we saw them in the hallway. There was a lot more interaction and it made us feel we were important to the cruise line.

After experiencing the same effecient but mostly invisable cabin steward situation for a second time, I sent an E-mail to RCI customer service letting them no that:

1. I prefer to actually see my cabin steward and be able to talk with them.

2. I felt the assistant waiters where spread to thin as it was impossible for them to server bread, get beverages and keep up with special requests. To many times my glass ran dry but the assitant waiter was busy trying to accomplish his other duties amongst all the guests he had to keep up with.

Archived