Comfort Suites for Atlantis Day Pass Questions pls

happyfaerie

Hi,

We are crusing on the NCL and will arrive to Nassau on Wednesday, May 12th at 8am. Our time in Nassau is short (8am-6pm). W ehave a 20 month old baby and would like to spend the day at Atlantis for the pools and beach. We heard Comfor Suites is the way to go. Since our ship only offeres really expensive excusrions to the Atlantis Aquaventure only, Comfort Suites seems like a good plan. Here are my questions:

1)- Will Comfort Suites be willing to give is our passes at 8 or 90am when we doc, even if the room might not be ready?

2)- Do the comfort suites wrist bands allow us access to the private beach and pools and the aquarium?

3)-Will Atlantis pool and beach be way crowded? In other words, if we go to all of this trouble and end up getting to Atlantis by 9 or 10 am after all is said and done, will we not be able to get a seat by the pool?

4)- Expedia has an amazing rate for CS (180.00) for the 1 day room rate. Is expedia trustworthy for this or is there a catch? like no wriste bands or something? it says access to atlantis in the descriptions.

5)- Besides leaving plenty of time for the cab ride back to the ship (due to possible bridge traffic), is there anhything else we should be ary of? Im a littl nervous about the cab ride with the baby and no car seat but I remember the trip being short from the doc.

6) is comfort suites going to look at us crosseyed if we do this and check out the same day? i assume they are used to this.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

C

We "stayed at" the Comfort Suites while visiting Atlantis from our NCL cruise last year over spring break. We got there before our room was ready (about 10), and had no problem getting our stuff for Atlantis. The wrist bands did allow us into the private beaches, pools, and the aquariums.

When we were there, it was not overly busy although it was a bit overcast that day. I think that the price tag keeps it from getting too outrageous.

Didn't book through Expedia, but they are considered to be reputable.

Comfort Suites is absolutely used to guests going straight to Atlantis without bothering to even check-in to their rooms.

Also, you get four Atlantis passes with your room. Not sure if your baby gets charged or not, but you might be able to find someone else to share costs for your additional 1-2 passes.

Hi,

We are crusing on the NCL and will arrive to Nassau on Wednesday, May 12th at 8am. Our time in Nassau is short (8am-6pm). W ehave a 20 month old baby and would like to spend the day at Atlantis for the pools and beach. We heard Comfor Suites is the way to go. Since our ship only offeres really expensive excusrions to the Atlantis Aquaventure only, Comfort Suites seems like a good plan. Here are my questions:

1)- Will Comfort Suites be willing to give is our passes at 8 or 90am when we doc, even if the room might not be ready?

Yes, you can check in at any time, but the towel hut at Atlantis, where you pick up your wristbands, opens at 9am.

2)- Do the comfort suites wrist bands allow us access to the private beach and pools and the aquarium?

You get the same access as the Beach, Coral or Royal towers. You do NOT get access to the private Cain adult pool or the Reef/Cove Pool.

3)-Will Atlantis pool and beach be way crowded? In other words, if we go to all of this trouble and end up getting to Atlantis by 9 or 10 am after all is said and done, will we not be able to get a seat by the pool?

Depends on the day. Prime seats (by the pools edge) goes early in the am, but you should be able to put seats together for your family.

4)- Expedia has an amazing rate for CS (180.00) for the 1 day room rate. Is expedia trustworthy for this or is there a catch? like no wriste bands or something? it says access to atlantis in the descriptions.

Rooms at CS will always get you wrist bands (max 4 to a room). The only thing that varies is the taxes/surcharges etc. .. Don't know what expedia does. Here's a key. The base "taxes" should be 12 %. If you are charged MORE than 12 % over the rate, then the surcharges are included. If it is just 12%, then you will be responsible for the additional surcharges.

5)- Besides leaving plenty of time for the cab ride back to the ship (due to possible bridge traffic), is there anhything else we should be ary of? Im a littl nervous about the cab ride with the baby and no car seat but I remember the trip being short from the doc.

Nope, just relax and enjoy.

6) is comfort suites going to look at us crosseyed if we do this and check out the same day? i assume they are used to this.

They see it all the time.

Any other info would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

C

Have a great trip!

Hmmm I never thought about finding another couple to split the cost...but it is for 4 people or 2 adults and 2 kids...so far for the date I'll be in port the hotel rates are $298 which is what I'd pay for the 2 of us through the ship w/ lunch and transportation.

I called Priceline to verify what LOOKED like a great rate online for 3 adults and 1 child at Comfort Suites. What they didn't include was a $12.95 per adult energy surchare/occupancy rate which they told me I would have to pay at the hotel when we arrived. So, the quote ended up being the same as CS, using a AAA or AARP discount.

Just be sure, if you're not booking directly with CS, that ALL CHARGES are included in their price-taxes, fees, etc.

Ended up using a Warehouse Club discount--saved us the most money:). Just ask CS about their "Special Rates". They may have something for you!

Hmmm I never thought about finding another couple to split the cost...but it is for 4 people or 2 adults and 2 kids...so far for the date I'll be in port the hotel rates are $298 which is what I'd pay for the 2 of us through the ship w/ lunch and transportation.

Just keep in mind that each room has a max of 4 ppl.

Each addtional ADULT, over the base 2, will add not only the addtional surcharges and taxes, but and additional $40 per adult as well. Jacking the room rate up significantly.

Just an fyi, we visited the Comfort Suites last week, paid a total of $275 for 2 adults and 2 children, used the alabama farmers code discount (google it) ...worked fine, they understand what you are doing...the hotel has odd extra charges, like housekeeping and energy surcharges. I would not assume that the Expedia would get you 4 bands, you might want to check it out.

we were there last week using my reward points from choicerewards.com. Had no problem checking in early, nor getting wrist bands at Atlantis. Room wasn't ready till 3pm, but that was okay. We did have to pay $12.50 per adult for energy charge plus $5 per adult for housekeeping. Cost me $35 for 2 adults and a 12 year old to utilize everything Atlantis had to offer. :D The place is huge!!! The lazy river has conveyor belts that take you up about 50 feet and "shoot" you through tunnels etc....really neat! As soon as you enter the area there's pools etc....but keep walking toward the back to find more pools, lazy river and water slides....also, lots of chairs everywhere!!! Have fun! PS...Taxis are always available by the front entrance of Comfort for your ride back to the port.....

Just wondering if anyone knows what the cancellation policy is at CS in the event there is a change of itinerary or other unforeseen circumstances that would force one to cancel.

I would check the website that you book thru. Each has it's own cancellation policy. I think the CS official website allows cancellation 4-5 days in advance. It may have changed.

Have been going back and forth for a while to book through Carnival to go to Atlantis or to book with Comfort Suites. Carnival is all booked up for our cruise, so I guess it will be Comfort Suites, LOL. I wanted to know if it is better to just book directly with CS, or does anyone have any info on booking through sites like Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, etc.? What is the best way to book?

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is taking a risk, but isn't the cheapest way to do Atlantis by just getting the day passes? :confused: How often are they at capacity? Does anyone have a crowd calender for Atlantis?

I know this is taking a risk, but isn't the cheapest way to do Atlantis by just getting the day passes? :confused: How often are they at capacity? Does anyone have a crowd calender for Atlantis?

It OFTENTIMES comes out cheaper to book a room, especially if you have 3 or more people.

As for a crowd calendar, I don't think one exists.

I'd check Atlantis for concerts and special events (such as Miss teen etc). as those days' are usually blocked as well as holidays and several weeks during spring break and easter.

I have been checking into Atlantis for our Nov trip. Day passes would cost us for 2 adults and 2 kids $380. I haven't been able to find a hotel rate that is cheaper than that. Can someone tell me what deals they are finding at the Comfort Suites for less than $380 or a night booked at Atlantis that is less than the $380? The rates seem really high! :eek:

I have been checking into Atlantis for our Nov trip. Day passes would cost us for 2 adults and 2 kids $380. I haven't been able to find a hotel rate that is cheaper than that. Can someone tell me what deals they are finding at the Comfort Suites for less than $380 or a night booked at Atlantis that is less than the $380? The rates seem really high! :eek:

Try the farmers code everyone is talking about. It saved us $60 over the AAA rate. Its 00800590.

For our July date for 4 of us, our room is $238 plus all the taxes/fees, comes to about $343 (theres fees they don't add into your total, but are mentioned elsewhere). Since one kid is 15, it would cost us $410 for day passes, so we saved enough to pay for lunch and maybe a cocktail.

I just booked through hotels.com using a 10% off coupon code. We got 2 rooms, the 1st had 2 adults and 2 kids and totaled 279.80 and the 2nd room had 1 adult and 3 kids and came up to 249.90. I spoke with the reservations manager at CS and she informed that price included all surcharges and taxes and would not be charged anything extra upon check-in

Just another question to think about? What if you are diverted into another port or the weather is crummy? Then I would guess that you are out the money for your reservation at the hotel? Has this happened to anyone? :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
How much are just the day passes to the Atlantis for 2 adults?. And can I book directly through Atlantis or do I book through the ship. How far in advance do you book?

Day passes are available at Atlantis same day, based on occupancy. They are $110 pp. They are not available in advance thru atlantis, but can be purchased thru the cruiseship but are more expensive.

Atlantis also has black out dates for day passes. Holidays, Spring Break, event days and concert weekends are usually blacked out. No day passes sold those days.

Day passes are available at Atlantis same day, based on occupancy. They are $110 pp. They are not available in advance thru atlantis, but can be purchased thru the cruiseship but are more expensive.

Atlantis also has black out dates for day passes. Holidays, Spring Break, event days and concert weekends are usually blacked out. No day passes sold those days.

I'll be in Nassau on June 13 (Sunday) and there is a concert the night before. Does this mean I won't be able to get day passes at Atlantis? I looked into the Comfort Suites and since there are only 2 of us, it would cost more than booking through the ship after you add on the extra charges and cab fare.

Does anyone know the cab fare? (approx cost)

Another question.......if the day pass is only available on the day your in port do you just call from the ship if yu can't purchase them in advance?

Pricing out the CI for 3 adults with the discount code is not much cheaper for us.

Archived