Bristish Colonial Hilton or Comfort Suites for Day visit with baby

happyfaerie

hi,

we are looking to spend our day in nassau off the ship. Somewhere wioth a beach and pool thats, safe, clean and close to the ship. We were looking into Comfort Suites for the Atlantis access but are not sure if its going to be a crowded madhouse. We only have limited time and dont want to spend it looking for a lounge chair. Just read about the Bristish Colonial Hilton and that sounds nice too. I have to say Atlantis has peaked my interest for some time. I know the baby cant do any of the water park stuff but we could.

what from your experience is the better choice as far as crowds, and atmosphere and the leats stress?

I know u need to cab it to Comfort Suites but heard u can walk to the Hilton. Is this true?

Also, where do you buy the passes for the Hilton and how to you find it once you doc?

thanks

C

hi,

we are looking to spend our day in nassau off the ship. Somewhere wioth a beach and pool thats, safe, clean and close to the ship. We were looking into Comfort Suites for the Atlantis access but are not sure if its going to be a crowded madhouse. We only have limited time and dont want to spend it looking for a lounge chair. Just read about the Bristish Colonial Hilton and that sounds nice too. I have to say Atlantis has peaked my interest for some time. I know the baby cant do any of the water park stuff but we could.

The hilton would be my choice. Too much of a frenzy at Atlantis to relax.

what from your experience is the better choice as far as crowds, and atmosphere and the leats stress?

I know u need to cab it to Comfort Suites but heard u can walk to the Hilton. Is this true?

Yep, a quick 5 minute walk from the port exit and your at the Hilton. Quiet, relaxing and somewhat serene. My choice by far.

Also, where do you buy the passes for the Hilton and how to you find it once you doc?

Just go to the front desk and purchase passes.

Walk west (right) along the wharf toward the straw market/Senor Frogs, and follow the sidewalk around to the left to the Hilton entrance. It's easy.

thanks

C

See above

I reserved day passes at the British Colonila Hilton through the following website: bahamascruiseexcursions.com. You have to first request a reservation and they send a reply if there is "space" available. The cost is $40.00 per person which includes a $30.00 food voucher at their restaurant. It appears to be a business hotel so it should be quiet during the week (which is fine with me). Good luck.

After reading about the Hilton on this board a few weeks ago, I did a bit more research and decided to go ahead and make a reservation for my daughter and myself for the day that we will be in Nassau. Having been to the Bahamas on many different occasions, I decided that i did not want to do anything other than lay on the beach and chillax! I did book my reservation through the site that was mentioned above (with some trepidation). I am looking forward to the visit and I can let you know how it was when I get back. Will be there 13 May 2010.

I have done Atlantis twice while in port but I can't justify the price when traveling with a baby/toddler. They really can't do much there and you won't be able to get your money's worth while keeping an eye on her. I will be in Nassau with my 2.5 yr old in a couple of months. I booked a day pass for the Sheraton Nassau Beach. It is a cab ride from the pier but the pool/beach looks a lot nicer than the Hilton. It is $99 for two adults and our daughter is free. You get a room for the day plus access to the beach/pool/non-motorized water sports. I thought it was a great deal compared to the Atlantis Aquadventure at $150pp. The Hilton didn't appeal to me. I could see the beach area from the boat when we docked last time and it looked icky to me.

The Day pass is listed right on their regular web site (just google Sheraton Nassau Beach) and I booked it over the phone with their reservation desk so I felt I knew it was legit.

Best of luck with your trip whatever you choose.

just booked the bch for a busy wed in june--6 ships in port -16,000 people

the advance booking which only requires a 25% deposit is made thru island marketing -a company that books tours for about 15 caribbean and bahamian islands

felt very safe dealing with them

Archived