Family review of Fascination (camp carnival, etc)

SuperCoolOne

We haven't unpacked yet.

We have a 3.5 year old boy, a 6 year old girl, and a 7.5 year old girl.

But, just a few things. We had 2 connecting OV rooms and I am soo glad we did this. Very efficient use of space but it was great having 2 bathrooms and the ability to close the connecting door (we usually just left a shoe in the door so it didn't close all the way). Had no problems with the kids trying to run into the hallway or anything and they loved being able to sit on the window ledges. Our son also mooned the ocean a few times (sorry fish!).

Camp carnival - Our kids had a great time. The staff was great! Our son cried a few times because he didn't have his sisters with him and when we picked him up the second night, he had fallen asleep and had an accident. So, he didn't want to go back but we took him back and they let one of us walk him in and play with him a minute. They also let him stay if he was crying and by the time we picked him up, he was fine.

The girls had a great time and wanted to stay all the time. They ate dinner with us the first 2 nights and then ate with camp the last 2 nights. Our son stayed with us the 3rd day and then ate dinner with camp the last night and didn't cry or anything.

We did avoid the bear activity but they do make it difficult to do so. We wanted to use the late night babysitting on the last night but they had the bear activity at 10pm during the babysitting so we just picked them up. I went and played bingo by myself instead.

Instead of the bears, I got each kiddo a funship freddy stuffed doll and a t-shirt for 15 each instead of the 30 or 40 each the bear activity would have cost.

We were on the april 17th sailing and it hit HMC and Nassau.

No excursions in HMC and we booked the blackbeard stingray excursion through Island Marketing and had a negative experience. They booked a large group of local school kids at the same time so that made at least 60 people in the stingray area at the same time, 30 of them kids who were screaming and panicking and made our kids want to get out of the water. So, we left the stingray area early and hung at the beach area.

60 people at Blackbeards? :eek: We had like 10 - max in the area when we did it. I can't even imagine 60. I would be requesting some money back. Or writing a letter that they should rent out to school kids on hours that the cruise ships aren't in ports (they are limited hours at Blackbeards as you know)

Wow, that would have been crazy!

Archived