Room Service

ksmommyof4

I dont recall which cruiseline did this (either NCL or CCL) but I once remember one of my friends was sick and I was able to have food from MDR delivered to stateroom via room service. Does Carnival do this?

It was not Carnival and I'm not sure about NCL, unless maybe that was in a suite.

Another option for "room service" is to go get whatever you want from Lido and bring it back to your cabin, breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

I know that you can order from the MDR on Royal but Carnival doesn't deliver MDR food via Room Service. I wish Carnival would do this at least at breakfast time. I would love to have a hot breakfast on my first balcony! Are you reading this Carnival??? :D

Hmmm..now that you mention it perhaps it was RCCL. Gee dont know why I always forget I have sailed with this line before.

I know that you can order from the MDR on Royal but Carnival doesn't deliver MDR food via Room Service. I wish Carnival would do this at least at breakfast time. I would love to have a hot breakfast on my first balcony! Are you reading this Carnival??? :D

Agreed. Someone asked John Heald that, unsure if he replied or what the answer was. I got "tasked" to get breakfast for two at the lido buffet for omelets and other goodies. It was early, I was a zombie, must of been cut a dozen times, some new friends talked to me all chipper, battle with the bacon police, make it back down to cabin...The tasker was fast asleep, I eat a few bites and fall back asleep...Yes, I'd prefer room service :D

this is the continental breakfast door hanger:

0-room-svc-brk.jpg

fill it out the night before, hang on the door by 5.00 AM and they'll bring what you ordered at the time requested. :D

Just wondering if you can order a carafe of coffe from room service? Do you just write it in there in the coffee section?

I'm pretty sure the coffee and tea come in carafes. It doesn't arrive in just cups. Although, I can't say how much is in the carafes. I know I had a couple cups from my tea water carafe and DH had a couple cups from his coffee carafe.

Maggie

Is room service free on all of the ships? Like you do not have to pay for those menu items.. We would tip, but just didn't know if that was additional..

Room service is free. Tips are appreciated.

Also, coffee and tea do come in carafes. Juices come in cups. Just write down the number of people ordering each item. :)

Agreed. Someone asked John Heald that, unsure if he replied or what the answer was. I got "tasked" to get breakfast for two at the lido buffet for omelets and other goodies. It was early, I was a zombie, must of been cut a dozen times, some new friends talked to me all chipper, battle with the bacon police, make it back down to cabin...The tasker was fast asleep, I eat a few bites and fall back asleep...Yes, I'd prefer room service :D

Did this happen on a daily basis? :D

There will be a book in your room with valuable information. Apart of the book is a tab for room service and the menus. The menus are limited for room service and you have to take what is offered. There is no hot food on breakfast. Mostly cerals, toast, muffins, rolls, fruit etc.. Coffee, tea, hot choclate. If you wish a hot breakfast you have to go to Lido or the dining room, during open times. But what they offer is still enough and most enjoyable on the balcony in the morning. Have fun and enjoy your cruise. PS - Please tip the waiter when your food comes, even a $1.00 is appreicated. Thanks

Coffee does come in carafes; but if you are a heavy coffee drinker (like DH and myself) - you might ask for "coffee for 4" - we have found that if you ask for "coffee for 2" you only receive 1 carafe and that is about equivalent to 2 cups each. We always order "coffee for 4" and receive 2 carafes. Also remember that if you take cream/sugar, you must also ask for that, it does not automatically come with the coffee.

I will be in an inside cabin with DH and 2 children. Is room service doable? DD LOVES getting room service and it would probably make some of our early mornings a little easier.

Anyone tried it? Would I be crazy to try?

I will be in an inside cabin with DH and 2 children. Is room service doable? DD LOVES getting room service and it would probably make some of our early mornings a little easier.

Anyone tried it? Would I be crazy to try?

You could order Room Service 10 times a day if you wanted. We have had inside and ocean view cabins and we ALWAYS order Room Service. It's great late at night while everyone is watching tv. Try the chocolate cake, yummy. The larger our order, the larger our tip. :)

Archived