POA Review

jkrislc

We just got off the POA last Sunday. We also had a wonderful time in Hawaii.

I read you had taken the Monarch of the Sea's several times. We are looking at flying out to LA taking two days and doing some sight seeing and then take the 4 night cruise.

We are looking at doing this in mid-october. I was wondering if the weather is OK then and if the sailing is pretty smooth. I've been on 9 cruises and have never gotten sea sick but I got sick the last night on the Hawaiian cruise due to the rolling sea.

Thanks for any information.

We just got off the POA last Sunday. We also had a wonderful time in Hawaii.

I read you had taken the Monarch of the Sea's several times. We are looking at flying out to LA taking two days and doing some sight seeing and then take the 4 night cruise.

We are looking at doing this in mid-october. I was wondering if the weather is OK then and if the sailing is pretty smooth. I've been on 9 cruises and have never gotten sea sick but I got sick the last night on the Hawaiian cruise due to the rolling sea.

Thanks for any information.

Mid-October should be good. You shouldn't experience storms, the sailing should be relatively smooth, and the weather should be warm (upper 70s). The current returning to LA can be rough, but we've only experienced that when we've actually cruised further south. We've only briefly had movement issues once on the Monarch.

My wife was on the verge of sea sickness on the POA leaving Kauai, but that was relieved by returning to our cabin midship, where it was much more stable and less "rocky."

Sounds like overall you had a good time! Too bad about Cabanas - maybe next time. :)

Spleen

It was a bummer, but at the same time I didn't want to spend the money to dine in a ballroom. I've done that too many times for wedding.

We did have a good time and would go back in a heart beat. It's a great way to sample the islands and to find out where you'd like to go back to. Next time, we're going to do a split trip between Kona and Maui. We also liked the fact that the ship was in port overnights.

While there were some issues that I raised in my review, I wouldn't hesitate to cruise again knowing what I know. I'd be more than willing to sail NCL & NCLA again. While there were some areas that could be improved, there were other areas (e.g., production shows & freestyle) that were much better than other cruiselines.

Archived