Small Review of Seabourn Legend Trans-at

howndder

Well here we are back in the US of A after what can only be described as scary and stressful. Not enough info from Seabourn and Not enough info from the bridge. I realize that there wasn't much Capt. Andersenn caould tell us all but There could have been more info from Miami. We were all, and that means all 162 souls on board, worried about whether we could return to our respective homes or would we be stuck in Lisbon for an indeterminate amount of time. Luckily, we had on board John and Christina Gilles, who were liasons from Canada to Portugal and were only to happy to assist any of us that might be stranded in Lisbon. I had checked a couple of hotel web sites and knew that Lisbon was wide open and therefore no problems for us. We made all of our flights and arrived home safe and sound and on time. I know of several others that things didn't go so well. I hope by now everyone is home and recovering. All in all another fabulous trip on Seabourn and its; fabulous crew and their incredible service. Thanks to all on board that made this trip so enjoyable.

Howard , Derek, and Ilse

Well here we are back in the US of A after what can only be described as scary and stressful. Not enough info from Seabourn and Not enough info from the bridge. I realize that there wasn't much Capt. Andersenn caould tell us all but There could have been more info from Miami. We were all, and that means all 162 souls on board, worried about whether we could return to our respective homes or would we be stuck in Lisbon for an indeterminate amount of time. Luckily, we had on board John and Christina Gilles, who were liasons from Canada to Portugal and were only to happy to assist any of us that might be stranded in Lisbon. I had checked a couple of hotel web sites and knew that Lisbon was wide open and therefore no problems for us. We made all of our flights and arrived home safe and sound and on time. I know of several others that things didn't go so well. I hope by now everyone is home and recovering. All in all another fabulous trip on Seabourn and its; fabulous crew and their incredible service. Thanks to all on board that made this trip so enjoyable.

Howard , Derek, and Ilse

Well Howard, I'm glad you used the last sentence of your message to say something about the crossing as such..... Imagine most of Europe was not flying for days and giving information on a ship is even more difficult, which is understandable. Some Dutch people are still on Bali sleeping on the beach now and can't return for at least a week from now! Sorry to hear you worried so much about your flight schedule. If the airlines had no information them selves, how could the captain or Miami have known things?

Good you made it home safely and I wish you a nice weekend!

Marja

"Stuck in Lisbon?" You can "stick" me in Lisbon anytime - one of my favorite cities! However, I must agree with the 2nd poster - all of Europe was in a so called informational "black-out" regarding when the airports were going to reopen. This is mother nature we are talking about here - not a labor strike. Am glad the trip crossing went well though - we did it last year. Fun.

I am constantly bemused by the fact that so many people did not rely on their TAs to get them information re flights and hotels. it is the job of a TA to take care of situations like this, unless, of course, one books with an order taker to save a few bucks.

:) I thought Seabourn did an excellent good job of keeping everyone informed as best they could,They even had people o the dock AND at the airport. The ailines and the travel agents were the people to speak to .Only they could really help you with your arrangments as that is there job.The people who had booked air through Seabourn direct had everything arranged for them.

I am very disturbed by the tenor of the remarks to my posting. As far as I can tell, the only posters on this thread that were on this voyage, were myself and T & E, yet I am being upbraided for my remarks. When the volcano erupted, we were in the middle of the Atlantic and had basically lost all connections to the outside world. "Seabourn Miami", knew this and could have sent out updates to us, but didn't. It was only after we got internet service back did we realize what was happening in Europe and around the world.

Marja, I am sorry some "Dutch" people are stranded in Bali, but as the other poster stated, "Not too bad being stuck in Bali". I know your english is better than you think and your remarks were rather cutting. But, happy to hear you've returned from you world cruise. I hope Renee is doing well. My ex-partner had that surgery and is "cured". I will hope for the same for Renee'.

JSSCHULTZ, when I said "stuck" in Lisbon , I wasn't saying anything bad about Lisbon, but that wasn't where I was supposed to end up. I had many business meetings in Londaon that were imperative for me to attend. Luckily, the skies had cleared and I was able to make them.

T&E, The people that helped us at the airport were "not" Seabourn employees, they were subcontractors and yes they did a fabulous job. But we heard nothing from the cruiseline via Capt. Anderssen until we arrived in Lisbon. Nothing. If you heard more, then you had the Captains ear, not us.

I mentioned that the "Liason to Portugal, from Canada was on board and very helpful. Perhaps you all missed that.

Let's not shoot the messenger folks,

Howard

" I realize that there wasn't much Capt. Andersenn caould tell us all but There could have been more info from Miami. We were all, and that means all 162 souls on board, worried about whether we could return to our respective homes or would we be stuck in Lisbon for an indeterminate amount of time."

Sorry you took it all personally - but I still do not understand the above. what other "info" do you think Miami was holding back from you and the other passengers? Absolutely NO ONE knew or could read the future! No one expected the airport closings or airline cancellations - this was a very hectic period for all the travelling public during which the environmental conditions were literally changing hourly, not just day by day. At any rate - we are all glad you enjoyed the crossing and left Lisbon on schedule.

Dear Howard!

Never meant to hurt your feelings; perhaps your words to me are even more cutting than you know. You called your thread "a small review of the TA crossing" and I was just hoping for more information about how nice things were and how much fun you had! Sorry, your voyage was so stressful due to the lack of information about the flights, but as said before: Nobody could have told you, just nobody.... Hour by hour people waiting for flights were informed throughout the whole of Europe. In Amsterdam there were beds placed on the airport and some people took stranded passengers to their own homes to spend the night and feed them.

Thanks for asking for René - he is doing quite well.

Have a nice day all

Marja

Archived