Live From The Sun!

cruiserforlife

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip. My Mom and Dad are on the Sun right now doing a back to back and my daughter and I are joining them next week. I can hardly wait. I hope the weather you had sticks around.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Kim

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful trip. My Mom and Dad are on the Sun right now doing a back to back and my daughter and I are joining them next week. I can hardly wait. I hope the weather you had sticks around.

Looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Kim

Good for you Kim,congratulations.

1st. cruise with the parents and your daughter?

We arrived late in one stop because "unknown problems" but I spoke with someone on land and they said Princess did not have all their paperwork in order for landing.

That's funny, because it was a paperwork problem that forced all of the passengers to have to get off the Sun during our stop in Seattle on the 3-nighter last month. I wonder if it's the same type of paperwork and the same person who made the mistake?

Great to read your posts. We're planning on taking the Sun's Eastern Caribbean Voyager, so I'm very interested in your cruise. We've been on the Dawn, had a super time, and look forward to the Sun. We had rough seas at the end of our April cruise. We saw the crew netting the pools -seemed like a challenge when the whirlpools were whirling!

CFL

This is my daughter's second cruise (1st one was Disney) and my second time cruising with my parents but her first. They are avid cruisers and I can tell it must be inherited!!! I did Alaska about 8 years ago so I know I will be shocked at some changes of the ports. I was on the Dawn.

I'm hoping the children's program on Princess is good. I know it will not come near Disney but if it is half as good we will be so happy. I haven't heard too much about the children's program (9yr old) so if there are any past Sun Travellers with some thoughts I'd love to hear.

Kim

Kim,

Can't comment on the kids programs on Princess but I hope it works for you.The great thing about the Princess ships to me at least is that even though it's been 8 years,I bet it doesn't take you but a day to completely re-familarize youreslf with the entire ship.

I hope your cruise is fantastic and please do keep us posted "live" if you can.

CFL

Just came back from my 5/23~5/30 Sun Princess.

I had a great time! (and an amazing adventure :D )

Nome was so nice. So friendly local people and so few tourists. The ice just went out from the Bering sea shore.

In Kotzebue, we were rewarded by the still frozen arctic ocean.

We visited Indenpendent mine near Anchorage and it was so scenic although the road around the mine was still closed due to snow.

Skagway was beautiful. I rented a car from Avis and drove to Carcross. The scenary was unbelievable.

We almost had a heart attack in Juneau. We rented a car and drove to Shrine of St Therese, a place known to local residents as a place of special beauty. It was so secluded and quiet and we only met 1 local couple there. The scenary was unbelievable, pretty much like paradise and flowers were blooming like crazy. When we were getting back to Juneau, we realized the road was shut down due to blasting:eek: . It would remain closed for another 4 hours, way after the ship's departure time. After some negotiation, we were allowed to abandon our rental car along the roadside and walked through a quarter mile of huge rocks accompanied by road crew. It was a once a life time experience. Our rental car company was so nice to pick us up at the other end of the blasting zone and dropped us off back at the dock.

In Ketchikan we walked to the salmon hatchery and eagle center and had a nice tour and also visited the totem heritage center right next to it.

About the ship itself, it was very pleasant.

Embarcation and disembarkation were both a breeze.

It took about 5 minutes to get on board in Whittier, and it took about 10 minutes to debark at Vancouver. We cleared the customs by 8AM and picked up our rental car from Hertz at Renaissance hotel by 8:30 AM.

Everything was so smooth.

Can any one tell me who the maitre'd is now on the Sun?

We were on the 8 April Sun cruise which was the last in the Caribbean before she went through the Panama Canal, and is now is Alaska. It seemed like a lot of the crew and staff were getting off contract in Ft Lauderdale or had plans to do so once they got to Alaska.

We see where there are some good deals for the Sun cruise in Sep to come back through the Canal to FLL and were thinking of booking. But, I had many problems with food and food quality, in particular the maitre'd and his lack of response. We didn't want to get back on the same ship if we thought the same type of problems would occur, and were hoping the chef and maitre'd were different.

Thanks!

My wife called the Princess Customer Service Rep that answered my letter. She got to a co-worker but after explaining the situation had a nice conversation with the customer service rep. I am to write Princess about a month out and they will send a letter to the ship, besides the usual standard electronic notification, and my wife was assured Princess would not let things happen to me again, the way it did in April.....

Sooo......we are now booked for the San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale 15 day Panama Canal cruise starting 14 Sep!!!

My wife called the Princess Customer Service Rep that answered my letter. She got to a co-worker but after explaining the situation had a nice conversation with the customer service rep. I am to write Princess about a month out and they will send a letter to the ship, besides the usual standard electronic notification, and my wife was assured Princess would not let things happen to me again, the way it did in April.....

Sooo......we are now booked for the San Francisco to Fort Lauderdale 15 day Panama Canal cruise starting 14 Sep!!!

spaceguy,

Congratulations!I hope Princess get's it straight this time.:rolleyes:

You'll love this cruise.We did the same repo cruise...except in reverse...from FL to SF and it was fabulous!The best part for us was that I only had to fly once;) and we just jumped in a rental car and drove the 2+ hours to Monterey.

Wonderful!

I believe we were on the Ocean.It was our 2nd cruise together and I surprised my mife with a balcony room (our 1st. together and her first in 22+ cruises at that time)which is something you have to have while passing through the locks.

I must say though,the average age on a cruise that long is kinda old:o ...I'd say the average age was 64-66.

The only disapointment for me was that I slept while we went under the GG Bridge.:mad:

Archived