Why is there no schedule for the Serenade of the Seas past April 2011?

So why doesn't the Serenade of the Seas have a schedule for summer 2011 and beyond yet? Could they be considering completely leaving the southern carribean routes during the summer months and taking the ship back to sail summers on Alaska cruises. That would only leave Carnival on the Southern route. :-(

So why doesn't the Serenade of the Seas have a schedule for summer 2011 and beyond yet? Could they be considering completely leaving the southern carribean routes during the summer months and taking the ship back to sail summers on Alaska cruises. That would only leave Carnival on the Southern route. :-(

I hope not! The southern itin's are my favorite and summer is the best time for us to cruise. Now that Adventure will be summering in Europe, I was looking forward to trying Serenade.

They are moving alot of ships around right now...hopefully they will release the new itineraries soon. I read on here that more itineraries will be released around April 27th...but dont quote me on that. We are looking at a Southern Caribbean for sometime in 2012 so I'm anxious for them to be released.

They are moving alot of ships around right now...hopefully they will release the new itineraries soon. I read on here that more itineraries will be released around April 27th...but dont quote me on that. We are looking at a Southern Caribbean for sometime in 2012 so I'm anxious for them to be released.

They have changed the itinerary release dates so many times, so you never know when they are doing to release them.

I am afraid that the moving of the Adventure (did not want to sail on, but it kept families away from the Serenade), is causing us to switch lines for Southern Caribbean. If the Serenade is the only RCCL ship left on the Southern routes, we will be going with the Millennium or Summit on Celebrity. We love the Serenade, and are doing a B2B on her this summer. We love that families usually choose Adventure over the Serenade, giving us an almost "kid free" vacation. That will end with the Adventure gone.... sad.

I am afraid that the moving of the Adventure (did not want to sail on, but it kept families away from the Serenade), is causing us to switch lines for Southern Caribbean. If the Serenade is the only RCCL ship left on the Southern routes, we will be going with the Millennium or Summit on Celebrity. We love the Serenade, and are doing a B2B on her this summer. We love that families usually choose Adventure over the Serenade, giving us an almost "kid free" vacation. That will end with the Adventure gone.... sad.

Eeeewww. I didn't think about it that way. :o But you're right....there will be more kids on Serenade then. We are waiting for the schedule to open to book a B2B on Serenade for 2011. Thanks (I guess) for thinking of that. :D:):D

Eeeewww. I didn't think about it that way. :o But you're right....there will be more kids on Serenade then. We are waiting for the schedule to open to book a B2B on Serenade for 2011. Thanks (I guess) for thinking of that. :D:):D

The Adventure is still suppossed to be sailing from San Juan during the winter months. Therefore, if you book the Serenade during that time you should be okay.

Personally, I feel the number of kids onboard will depend more on the time of year vs. the ship. If your plan is to sail during March break, summer, Easter or Christmas holidays than I would expect more children onboard regardless of the ship. Obviously the Adventure is more geared towards famillies. I've been on both ships and didn't see very many children at all (but I also don't cruise during the peak times for children to be onboard).

I'm looking forward to the schedule as well. I'm considering doing the holiday sailing in 2011 and want to check out the itinerary and prices, even though I won't be booking it until I'm on board my next cruise in order to get the OBC and reduced deposit. I really should have booked several future cruises a couple weeks ago, but just didn't think :o

I love the Serenade, and love the Southern Caribbean. Even though I will be branching out and cruising in Europe and other parts of the world in the next few years I think one Southern Caribbean cruise per year should still fit nicely into my schedule.

I always think of the # of kids on board, it make a big difference when/where/what ship we choose, including what other ships are running similar itineraries at that time. While I will never sail on the Oasis, I was amused that more families will book it, and the Freedom class, leaving my favorite class ship, Radiance, with less kids, less chaos, and less noise!

I always think of the # of kids on board, it make a big difference when/where/what ship we choose, including what other ships are running similar itineraries at that time. While I will never sail on the Oasis, I was amused that more families will book it, and the Freedom class, leaving my favorite class ship, Radiance, with less kids, less chaos, and less noise!

So do we! We always try to book while children are in school. We were unpleasantly surprised on a Mariner cruise out of Port Canaveral the second week in October one year....We had never heard of something called "Fall Break". If they just started school in Aug/Sept...why would they need a break? And Thanksgiving is just around the corner! :D There were tons of kids :rolleyes: It appears to be something that is common to the southern states and the northeast. In any case, we had never heard of it on the west coast.

Archived