Scubagirl (or anyone), Sheraton or Blue Lagoon for a large family

mjkacmom

Blue Lagoon looks so pretty, and gets such great reviews here, but it would cost more, and be harder to get to. We'd book it as an excursion, so would be guaranteed. What if it rains?

The Sheraton would not be guaranteed (beginning of November, 4 ships in port - what are the chances of it being sold out?). We'd have a pool, and more things to do, right?

We have elementary aged kids, teens, adults and seniors. The kids are very active (behaved, but although will slow down enough to build sandcastles, they're not going to sit and read a book).

I JUST got back from Blue Lagoon. I booked it directly with them and not Carnival, so I saved a little money that way, and it was so easy to get there. Once we got off the ship, the sercurity guard in Nassau secured us a Taxi/Shuttle which cost me $34 (for 8 of us) and he took us to the Ferry terminal. From there it was a relaxing ride over to the island, and the island is absolutely beautiful. Very calm water, safe in a cove. They have noodles, mats, tubes and beach toys all included free of charge with the all-inclusive beach pass, plus they have the dolphins, sea lions, touch tank. Plenty of tables, hammocks, chairs. It was awesome. It was the highlight of the trip for my kids. On the ferry ride back, he dropped us off right near the cruise ship, so we had just a very very short walk back to the ship.

Archived