Moby Dick - Stingray tour with young kids

CyberTag

We are traveling with our extended family of 11 and some of us would like to do the stingray tour through Moby Dick. There are twin boys (ages 4) and a 7 year old girl in our party. Has anyone done this tour with young kids? If so, do you recommend it? Does Moby Dick provide the rafts with see through windows for snorkeling? Any advise would be appreciated.

Several families with kids when we did Moby Dick. No see through rafts, but they did provide kid sized vests, masks and snorkels. Great service and very friendly crew. You will likely need to hold your 4-year old at stingray city unless he's very tall for his age. Good luck!:)

Last April I took my boys: 4 and 8 to see the stingrays via Moby Dick tours. I was by myself with the boys and they had a blast. The staff really helped me and accommodated my boys. My 4 yo did not want to snorkle so they entertained him while I floated around the boat with my 8 yo at the snorkel stop. We had such a good time with them that we are booked to go back in October with a party of 10. I hope this answers your question:)

I am trying to decide between Moby Dick and Stingray Sailing. We will be with 2 kids 7 & 9 and the 7 year old is pretty timid. Which would be better? Except for the boat do they do anything different?

I am trying to decide between Moby Dick and Stingray Sailing. We will be with 2 kids 7 & 9 and the 7 year old is pretty timid. Which would be better? Except for the boat do they do anything different?

I would highly recommend Moby Dick Tours. I was just there on May 4th. We had the best time. The staff of Moby Dick really does care about these animals and the people. They actually bring food for these animals whereas most tours don't. How else do you expect the Sting Rays to come to you? As we were in the water with about 10-12 sting rays swimming around us, a local (at least I think he was a local) came over to our group from another tour and grabbed one of the sting rays to take over to the people in his tour. How dumb is that? Also, the tour guides with Moby Dick help you hold the sting rays and you get to spend ALOT of time with them. We also had a small group, so we all got plenty of time to touch, hold or just look at them. The staff is very informative and tell you exactly what to do and what not to do, ie: scream and yell and kick your feet! As we were boarding our ship to leave, another tour group had just gotten in to the water and I think every woman in that group was screaming..... we just looked and them and rolled our eyes. These are some of the most gentle creatures I have ever come into contact with. As far as the snorkeling goes, my husband and I had never been, and the staff was very helpful. We just used the snorkle gear they have on board. They also have a little shower and a bathroom on board, so we didn't have to spend the rest of our day sticky from salt water. Moby Dick Tours (in my opinion) tops all other tours! Hope this helps!

I think I made a reservation with Moby Dick today. How do you know if the reservation worked? Do they send you an email with a confirmation? Thanks for your help!

You should get an e-mail with a confirmation of your tour time; you pay when you meet "Mrs. Moby" on the dock. Good luck!:)

My husband and I went on the Moby Dick tour a couple years ago. They are top notch. Their customer service is OUTSTANDING! We are going back this September with our kids who are 4 and 8. Not sure if the 4 year old will snorkel, but I'm sure the 8 year old twins will! I can't wait!!

Archived