Captin Marvin's snorkeling trip in Grand Cayman

shoafmom

I've booked a snorkeling excursion with Captin Marvin's on Grand Cayman and was wondering what to expect. How nice are the boats and about how many people do they take out at a time. I've also heard about Sting Ray City Trips and was wondering how they compare.

We did the snorkel and stingray city tour through Moby Dick. Boat was good sized and had about 25 passengers. Purple school bus took us to the marina, ride out took about 20+ minutes. Good snorkel stop, great service, kid sized equipment if you need it, and then the stingray city stop was lots of fun. Cost was about $40 - much less than through Carnival. Good luck!:)

We have used Capt marvins on three seperate trips and never had a bad experience. Once it was too rough to make it to SRC so they took us near by and we snorkeled over a ship wreck. Each time there have been only 10-15 people on our trips. Once we did a full day and had a trip of a life time.

We snorkeled and had the chance to collect a live conch in about 15 ft of water. I was the only passenger to find one and one of hte guides found another. We then went to a local private marina/beach where they made conch salad (ceveche) and we had other things to eat. Drinks were provided unless you wanted an adult drink which was available at the marina. We then went to sting ray city, great photo ops, standing in about 3-4 ft of water, no snorkles required. near by a cruise ship excursion had 50 plus people banging into each other trying to swim with the rays. We had our own piece of paradise. Then we went to a reef right adjacent to SRC and the guids coaxed a huge morray eel out of his coral, kind of a pet they said, which we feed and got to pet believe it or not! great time

no matter what you pick, enjoy your time.

We have used Captain marvin's two times, our first trip was the 4 of us and 3 other people. We had a great time snorkling and then off to stingray city. The second time we had 4 families with us and we were able to all fit on one boat. We basically had a private tour and had an amazing time. I don't think you can go wrong with the choice! enjoy.

We used Capt Marvin's several years ago. Turns out we were the only ones booked so my husband. Rather than cancel it they took the two of us out for a private tour. I was impressed with the service provided.

• 4 weeks later...

I just got back from my cruise last week and had a great experience with Captain Marvins in Grand Caymen. Their office is located right across the street from the port. They took us in an a/c bus to captain marvins house where we got on the boat and headed out. There were 6 in our group and 3 other couples on the excursion, so very small! I saw some other boats crammed with people! The first stop was sting-ray city. It was soo neat! They let every person hold and kiss a ray(for good luck) and told us all about them. We also got to feed the rays with squid if you wanted to! It was great! Bring a water camera, they take pictures but they are really expensive! Then we cruised out to another site where we snorkling. The guides were great and even stopped to show us some sea turtles. Highly Recommend Capt Marvins! much more intimate experience for a better price!

Archived