Spirit - safes

Hello folks.

As usual, I have a quickie.

Does anyone know if a charge is incurred for use of the cabin safe on board the Spirit?

I have just had a gander at the Spirit on the Thomson website, and it stated that a cost is incurred - no mention of this in the brochure. Dont want to seem like a skinflint here, I just dont want to get caught out with additional costs.

Cheers

Al

Hello folks.

Does anyone know if a charge is incurred for use of the cabin safe on board the Spirit?

I have just had a gander at the Spirit on the Thomson website, and it stated that a cost is incurred - no mention of this in the brochure. Dont want to seem like a skinflint here, I just dont want to get caught out with additional costs.

Cheers

Al

Yes there is a charge for all safes on Thomson ships and from memory it is about £12 per week but I never bother with it so can't remember the exact price - certainly no more than £15.

Hello folks.

Cheers

Al

Hello Salty, We were on the Spirit last month and yes it is £12 added to your bill.

Yes, 12 squid and the cost is adding up so much I bought a travel 'safe' so only need to find something to secure it to. Actually cabins are pretty secure as only the steward would normally have access and all corridors have security cams?

Yes, 12 squid and the cost is adding up so much I bought a travel 'safe' so only need to find something to secure it to. Actually cabins are pretty secure as only the steward would normally have access and all corridors have security cams?

Your final comment surprises me as I understood that not all the corridors have them but there are a limited number of cameras on some of the ships but not covering cabins as such - or perhaps you were suggesting it in view of the ? at the end of your comment .

For those not using the safe to stop the safe door banging if the ship is moving slightly then pad the door with a towel or dirty t shirt.

Your idea of a travel safe is a great one ! :)

Yes, the question mark means I am writing a load of rubbish.

On Celebration I found a pound coin was just right to stop the safe rattling, a euro was better for the cabin door.

The travel safe is not a safe as such but a smallish slash proof bag with a steel mesh laminated in it, a steel cord to close it and attach it to a convenient pipe etc. A padlock closes the whole thing and prevents the bag being opened. In the absence of a convenient pipe I will attach it to the suitcase reinforcement bars, hopefully someone legging it down the corridor with a large suitcase will be noticed :D

At approx £26 it should almost pay for itself on one 14 nighter.

Archived