Which 2 dresses for my formal night?

tsb702

Thanks so much everyone!! You all are so kind and I truly appreciate you taking the time to vote on the gowns....F1 and L4 have received the most votes thus far. Keep em coming. L4 is close to being beat out by L1 (IN BLACK).... I will make the final decision at 5 PST.

I will most definitely revive this post with a picture upon return of our cruise. ;)

Thanks so much everyone!! You all are so kind and I truly appreciate you taking the time to vote on the gowns....F1 and L4 have received the most votes thus far. Keep em coming. L4 is close to being beat out by L1 (IN BLACK).... I will make the final decision at 5 PST.

I will most definitely revive this post with a picture upon return of our cruise. ;)

Can't wait to see your pic(s)! Have a great cruise!

Formal nights are now called Elegant nights, they are not nearly as dressy as you think. You might want to consider something less formal, you may be the only one dressed up that much, and might feel out of place.

not really. as alot of posters have said here and there, its a mixed bag. from smart casual to the 9's. like the others say, how often do you get a chance to "dress" up. take advantage if you want and IF someone has a problem, so what. like we're going to see them again in this lifetime lol..

Awwww! Thank you so much! I feel alot like that as well, I just enjoy it....and I should do it while my youth, attitude, and body permits right.

I hardly saw anyone dressed up on my last cruise and didn't think it would have improved over the years but like you say, to each is own. I hope I spark interest in the ladies to feel and look as beautiful as they can on their next cruise. It's their time to shine in a room full of others that will look like one another.

You took the words right out of my mouth. If you got it flaunt it.

I think any of the dresses would look good on you.

I'm hopeing there are more people like you that want to make dinner special and dress up for it. I think the food even tastes better when you are dressed up.

Maybe some of the younger girls will take your lead and start dressing up

and make the dinning room look prettier.

Sometimes latley it feels like I am at Burger King eating. :eek:

Make sure you do a review and let us see your pictures. (especially the one's with your dresses)

Have a great cruise.

I like F1 and L2.

Maggie

I agree if you can pull it off. Most women today could not wear these dresses. You are most fortunate.

Even though DW is tiny and looks like a million bucks when dressed up, floor length just does not work for her as she is 4' 9" tall. She has a nice collection of very fancy dresses bought after the prom season as substantial discounts.

We too believe in looking Elegant on Cruise Elegant nights.

Doc

I'm glad to see you are not letting those that are trying to discourage you from dressing up win out... If it makes you feel good do it and who cares what others think. The dresses are all beautiful and if you have the body for it why not! If I could pull it off I would but I have more weight to lose before that happens.

All gorgeous. I vote F1 for the fitted - it seems like most people still wear black, so you'll really stand out in red. As for the loose, they are all great, but I would definitely NOT wear anything with a train - I think you'll be miserable either holding it up or having people step on it!

OMG SAME HERE .. its super adorable .. n ppls complement u thruout the cruise .. rnt u that girl that wore _____ dress .. i wanted to tell u it was gorgeous .. i was like AWWwWwWw .. LOVE IT

o wow ur from vegas!!! im in class right now tho lol im sure ur doing much more interesting stuff rIGht now haha ..

Were there real words in that?

I get the chain dress is funny but MUST we turn every thread into a rant about that womans fashion? Do you get that you ruin every thread and that SOME of us actually WANT to talk about pretty dresses. Not just snark someone else.

You'll see all types of "elegant" dress. My family dresses more formally anyway. It's up to you. You'll look great for your photos, too. The blue one is very pretty, but I think any of them would be a good pick. In my opniion, when you're on a longer cruise people do tend to dress nicer on those more elegant nights.:)

I get the chain dress is funny but MUST we turn every thread into a rant about that womans fashion? Do you get that you ruin every thread and that SOME of us actually WANT to talk about pretty dresses. Not just snark someone else.

Considering that photo was taken on a CCL ship I guess it is fair game here:D.My question would be,why was this thread not posted on the "cruise fashions and beauty" discussion board?:confused: That is what it is for isn't it?

Yes those pictures are nice,but those women have both the body and the face to pull them off!:p:D

Steve

Those dresses are GORGEOUS .I have almost an identical one to the blue turquoise dress except I have straps on mine .LOVE THE COLOUR

Whichever one you choose you will look like a Princess

Enjoy

Do not worry about being too dressed up or not enough .Wear them enjoy them .I wear your kind of dresses on all my cruises .DRESS FOR YOU .You will get admiringlooks

Have a great cruise

Michele

they all r lovely, i'd skip any sort of train...fellow passengers luv to crowd that line for MDR, too easy to have somebody step on it or trip.

i prefer cocktail or tea length, that way garment can usually do double duty when attending a wedding reception. ive worn my MOB (mother of the bride dress - that didn't look like a dowdy MOB dress:D) and gotten many compliments while cruising.

Not sure why so many r down on those who elect to dress for dinner on cruises:confused:, 1/2 the fun & the men in my group don't fuss wearing whatever degree of dress attire i pack for them:)

fyi, wait another week or 2 before making any purchases, all the prom dresses r going on clearance;)

Showed this to by 14yr old DD and she says F2 and L4. I said F1 and L4 but was told "Mom you don't want two dresses the same color, jeez."

I'm in my mid 40s and think you will look great, but please don't stand near me.:p

hahhaa! That's awesome! I was thinking to mix the colors up as well...but maybe I will be known for the rest of the cruise as the lady in the red dresses LOL!

Thanks for your vote!

My question would be,why was this thread not posted on the "cruise fashions and beauty" discussion board?:confused: That is what it is for isn't it?

Steve

My guess is because she wants opinions on dresses for Elegant night on her upcoming cruise, which according to her signature is on CCL.

My guess is because she wants opinions on dresses for Elegant night on her upcoming cruise, which according to her signature is on CCL.

woooow...Steve sounds like a very grumpy person. I hope he/she cheers up soon :). Lifes too short to be like that.

I think all of the dresses are gorgeous and wish that I had the body to pull it off.

Sorry but I just have to respond to this. I am gonna place a bet that you 'do' have the body to pull off any of these dresses. I am a plus size girl (18) and I happen to love my body and my curves ;) More women should be more proud of what they have. Those dresses that this original poster chose are stunning and ANY woman should be proud enough to show them off ;)

Sorry for the rant.

I always wonder when a woman says 'Oh, I can't wear that' or 'I don't have the body for that' - I always wonder, by whose standards?????

Let's embrace whatever it is that we have and be proud of it!!

PS, I didn't mean to hijack this thread :)

Archived