Picked up Tui Cruise New Brochure Today

Just nipped into local Thomsons TA and May 2010-October 2011 available so have one in front of me :) They have a launch with exclusive offers available from the 8th but we are away on the 7th :(

Time for a cuppa and look see what's new

Just nipped into local Thomsons TA and May 2010-October 2011 available so have one in front of me :) They have a launch with exclusive offers available from the 8th but we are away on the 7th :(

Time for a cuppa and look see what's new

Not much new unfortunately:( Been sat looking through mine this afternoon for the umpteenth time but still not impressed. Don't know if the Carribean itineries are anything new but no good for me as I'm such a wimp can't fly for so long and not good in the heat:(

Would like to try somewhere different like the Baltics not up on geography but think it's the Black Sea. Looks like we will be back on the Spirit this year doing the Adriatic.

Mary

Not much new unfortunately:( Been sat looking through mine this afternoon for the umpteenth time but still not impressed. Don't know if the Carribean itineries are anything new but no good for me as I'm such a wimp can't fly for so long and not good in the heat:(

Would like to try somewhere different like the Baltics not up on geography but think it's the Black Sea. Looks like we will be back on the Spirit this year doing the Adriatic.

Mary

Black Sea we did from Corfu, Mary. It does places like Sevastopol, Yalta, Odessa and Istanbul (we had 2 days here :D) and some other Turkish and Greek ports. It was excellent - very interesting. Sadly, although they still have ships in the area, none are offering the Black Sea this year they only go as far as Istanbul and not through the Bosphorus and then beyond into the Black Sea at all. And from what you say - not next season either.

The Baltics is an itinerary they do from UK ports (Newcastle/Harwich) - or at least DID! :( This goes to Helsinki, Stockholm (the most AMAZING sailaway!), Tallin (fantastic), Gdansk, Warnemunde, Copenhagen etc. and the jewel in the crown - 2 days in St Petersburg. These are ALL fabulous places to visit, but St P is breath-taking.

Also as part of the ex UK sailings there was the possibility of the Fjords and North Cape (awe inspiring scenery!) - again no longer available. It has seriously reduced the choices with Thomson for the summer it looks like the Med or the Med! :(

It is such a shame that these itineraries are no longer available to Thomson passengers - I'm sad to say it's going to push people who want to see these destinations over to the likes of F.O. and P.O. (or NCL, RCI etc.) :(

Black Sea we did from Corfu, Mary. It does places like Sevastopol, Yalta, Odessa and Istanbul (we had 2 days here :D) and some other Turkish and Greek ports. It was excellent - very interesting. Sadly, although they still have ships in the area, none are offering the Black Sea this year they only go as far as Istanbul and not through the Bosphorus and then beyond into the Black Sea at all. And from what you say - not next season either.

The Baltics is an itinerary they do from UK ports (Newcastle/Harwich) - or at least DID! :( This goes to Helsinki, Stockholm (the most AMAZING sailaway!), Tallin (fantastic), Gdansk, Warnemunde, Copenhagen etc. and the jewel in the crown - 2 days in St Petersburg. These are ALL fabulous places to visit, but St P is breath-taking.

Also as part of the ex UK sailings there was the possibility of the Fjords and North Cape (awe inspiring scenery!) - again no longer available. It has seriously reduced the choices with Thomson for the summer it looks like the Med or the Med! :(

It is such a shame that these itineraries are no longer available to Thomson passengers - I'm sad to say it's going to push people who want to see these destinations over to the likes of F.O. and P.O. (or NCL, RCI etc.) :(

Think I was having a blonde or senior moment before I should know where the Baltics are as we've wanted to go there for the last 2 years. The area I meant (as well as the Baltics) was the Black Sea. I have seen one itinery for another line(very expensive though) calling at Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria few places in Greece and ending up in Malta. Sounds similar to what you did but with extra ports. I would love to do something like this. Think we will be doing what you are this year but just a week on the Spirit doing the Adriatic, we will not be doing the back to back as we did the Aegean last year and we are going to some of the ports again this year. Think we must have used up our quota of smillies on this as mine aren't working. Mary

Archived