Navigator of the Seas Best Dining Level

Tos

We are planning on sitting at a table for 8. If you had your choice, which level of the main dining room would you like to be on? Why do you think this is the best.

Is there a lot of vibration and engine noise on the lowest level aft in the dining room?

Thanks for your suggestions.

We sat on the 4th floor - I don't know which level it was, but it wasn't the bottom.

It was just fine. The only thing you miss is when the waiters are dancing and singing, they DO stroll around your level, then they congregate on the first level. You can walk over to the balcony and look over at them - no biggy [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Navigator of the Seas 5/04

I really liked being in the top level, by the windows. It felt more intimate and quiet there. We ate breakfast once in the lower level and I didn't like that as much. Different people like different things though. Vibration and engine noise was never a factor for us in the dining room.

Talking about which level is best sitting for dinning, can you request which level to sit?

Has anyone ever put in a request in advance before boarding the ship to sit at a certain place or level at dinner time?

Thanks

Past Cruises:
Enchantment of the Seas - May 12, 2002
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 1997

Thanks for the feedback. I have been a true blue Princess and Celebrity cruiser. On my last Princess Cruise, we ate dinner with some folks that have been on RCL 700 days and said it would be worth our while to try them. So we booked an Owners suite and a Junior suite for the 6 of us on Deck 10. Now we'll see if we experience the same thing that our dinner mates did.

I'm one of those guys who NEVER has a bad cruise. Some better than others...of course. I'm anxious to continue to read the CC on the Navigator of the Seas. DedeM, if you have any more insight, please share.

Tom

My personal favorite was Coppellia - the dining room on Deck 4. The largest dining room in on Deck 3. I found Coppellia to be intimate and pleasantly decorated.

Kerri
Fantasy 7/96 & 3/99
Triumph 6/00
Fascination 6/01
Majesty of the Seas 5/02
Grand Princess 5/03
Disney Wonder - September 2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;09;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

My favorate would be the Swan Lake dining room on deck 5 which is the top level. Like being around the windows and then you can take the main stairway down to the lover level on the way out to get a great view of the entire dining room./

Carnaval Fantasy 6/2001
Voyager of the Seas 1/2003
Navigator of the Seas 5/2004
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;05;22;5;00;00&timezone=est[/img]

I was on the Navigator in May and we were in Swan Lake (Deck 5). It was great. Although you had to get up too look over the balcony to see the wait staff perform it was great. Luckily no one was hurt, but one night a whole stack of plates fell from the 3rd level to the first. If you are on Deck 5, there is no chance of falling dishes!

On our 9/20 NOS sailing,we were seated at table #300 in the Nutcracker dining room which I believe is on deck 3 which is the ground floor level so to speak.
This was nice but I think I would have preferred to be higher up to get the true experience.
Deck 5 with the open windows looked more attractive to me.

"a bad day at sea is better than a great day at work and a lousy day at sea is still pretty damn good!"

We had windows on Coppelia, deck 4, but the curtains were closed anyway LOL. I found it to be fairly quiet too - I"m sure more quiet than the bottom level with many more tables on it. In fact, I think OUR table was the noisiest [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Don't people in the owner's suites dine at the captains table?

I had the main floor on Deck 3. Fine, no issues, but when you leave, you have to take the stairs or elevator, since you are on the level with the photo shop, and thats about it. I would prefer the 4th deck, since that is the main deck with the promenade etc, being more convenient to somewhere I might actually go after dinner. But a minor nit, and not worth worrying about.

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=1683059817&m=193102471"]Join our Navigator Nov 13 roll call[/url]
We meet in..
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Cruiserforlife, we were on the NOS the following week and were in the Nutcracker DR as well. I really enjoyed seeing the waiters when they sang and danced. It was fun dancing with our waiter, Sonthay. I didn't find our area to be too noisy.

Rhonda
Navigator 9/27/03

This past March we were seated in the Coppelia Dining Room (Level 4), next to the balcony. We had an absolutely breathtaking view of the entire dining room. I remember the second evening, when the seas were rough, gazing at the slightly swaying chandelier. Frankly, I don't think it really matters where you sit in that dining room -- the facility is simply spectacular. What a sight to behold!

we were on the NOS in feb of this yr and we were seated in the swan lake level whcih was number 5 and it was super...table of 6 by the window...the service was excellent and the food was very good...i have been on 10 different rccl cruises and the food used to be a little better but it is still very good...it was very quite up on the top dinning level and we could hear each other with no difficulty...by the way the entire dinning room all three levels is beautiful...we are on the VOS this coming march of 2005...3 families of 4...12 total...i think we will request 2 tables of 6 back to back on the top level of the dinning room...we also tried CHOPS while on the NOS and that was one heck of a meal...wow...on scale of 1 to 10 this was an 11...from start to finish this was well worth the extra expense in fact they gave us a 2 for 1 deal becuase of being PLANTINUM memebers to the crown and anchor...unfortunately the VOS doesn't have a CHOPS...it only has the PORTOFINO dinning option so why not try that...help me get thru the next 9 months...

Mike Blum

Archived