Titanic 100 Year Anniversary

We all know what happened to the Titanic, but I was wondering. Is anyone planning a cruise during April 15, 2012 -- the 100 year anniversary of the Titanic sinking?

Can't think that far ahead! If there was a good deal I'd go - just as long as the name of the ship is not the Titanic!

• 1 month later...

DW and I are booked to travel this cruise. It is almost sold out. It is just under two years away. They have all the top authorities and guest lectures booked in advance. Something about the menus will be followed and many of the dress codes on some evenings will also be followed. This won't matter to me as I will be classed as stearage anyways. Send flowers. Colakid

Cool? Eerie is more like it. I think it would be eerie to be on a cruise ship and stop and the Titanic's last known location before she went down.

There is a lot of superstition on the high seas. I think I'd stay away from this one! ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am booked on the Titanic Memorial Cruise that leaves Southampton on April 8 and arrives in New York on April 19. I believe this has been sold out for a year or more and that there is a long reserve list. Final payment is due this November, however, so maybe some will fall out.

We have been promised lots of historical references; meals, recommended dress, lectures, etc., but final details won't be known until after November.

• 6 months later...

yes the Balmoral is full but ive booked this week on Azamara Journey which will be a fantastic 8 night New York return cruise via Halifax nova Scotia then onto Titanics site. We will be on site too, weather conditions prevailing for the memorial service the ships will each hold their own services.

If you want to book now is the time prices slashed.

there is a roll call for Azamara Journey cruise.

I was all booked to go on the anniversary cruise to and from NY, but the travel agency in the UK had NO information for me, no signed contract, nothing. Even though I begged them for something "official". They wouldn't give me my deposit back when I cancelled before the final payment date. They said that it was on their website...which I never KNEW of the website because no one ever told me what it was. It all was just really fishy and finally for the price we were going to pay we decided to cut our losses. It's too bad really.

When I complained the person that I had been dealing with had mysteriously been moved out of the reservation department and I had to deal with someone new. Then they finally offered to give me a "free" upgrade room. I still said no.

THEN I get an email with reduced prices for the cruise with the prices HALF off what we were going to pay. The whole thing seemed like a scam and wasn't professionally done at all. So that's it for us and charter cruises.

Sad to miss it, but we're going on vacation to NV and CA that week now instead.

http://titanicmemorialcruise.co.uk/anniversary/prices-cabins.php

this is the correct website for the anniversary cruise Azamara Journey.

Originally Azamara Journey was under "A Journey to Remember" from Boston to New york and it was going to be very special with planned live footage of the wreck. that is now not happening as it was organised by Bill Willard but he was taken over by Miles Morgan Travel, the same company running Balmoral from Southampton to New York. miles morgan renamed A.J's cruise Titanic Anniversary Cruise and changed the length and departure point so now its from New York return.

I phoned Miles Morgan Travel and spoke to Tara in England and booked/ paid for my A.J cruise through her last week. prices are slashed to what they were originally.I chose to pay in US dollars better against our NZ dollar.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived