Strathmore Suite - Ventura??

jojo67

Hi,

Just booked a weekend cruise next March on Ventura (have done a couple of weekenders before but first time on Ventura). We have booked the Strathmore Suite - A750 & wondered if anyone had stayed in this one?? Good or bad choice?? Also I wondered if you still get all the 'suite' extras i.e. flowers, fruit, champagne etc on a weekend cruise?? Any comments gratefully received :)

We haveb't been on Ventura so can't comment about the suite on there. We went on a three night cruise on Oriana in a minisuite and we had all the extras there - champagne, flowers, fruit, chocolates, premier pamper pack - so I'm sure you will get these in your suite.

Carole

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Jo,

myself, fiance and little girl are about to spend two weeks in the Strathmore suite on N013 so I'll be sure to post and let you know what its like.

David.

Hi David,

That would be great! With 3 young children, when we get the chance to snatch a couple of nights away on our own it's nice to make it a bit special :) Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards

Hi,

Just booked a weekend cruise next March on Ventura (have done a couple of weekenders before but first time on Ventura). We have booked the Strathmore Suite - A750 & wondered if anyone had stayed in this one?? Good or bad choice?? Also I wondered if you still get all the 'suite' extras i.e. flowers, fruit, champagne etc on a weekend cruise?? Any comments gratefully received :)

Hi - we just got off Ventura last week and had a fab time.

We stayed in A750 and it was lovely . Not as big as the suite next door but still really nice. The balcony is huge - there is enough room for 2 sunloungers , several chairs and a large table. Both Abhu our butler and Alex the room attendant were great.

We loved being at the back of the ship. It is really sheltered - good place to sit . We didn't have any noise at all - soundproofing in the cabins seems really good.

The shower is a proper cubicle and is very large - we never used the whirlpool bath - just too busy having fun!!!!!!!!!You also get a pamper pack with loads of nice toiletries in it.

For us - one of the best perks was being able to go to the white room for breakfast. Especially on disembarkation day!!!!!!

I don't know if you get the same perks on a weekender but I can't see why not. We got champagne, chocolate and flowers, canapes and fruit. we also priority embarkation and disembarkation. Can't think of anything else at the moment. But I'm sure you will be happy with your cabin - enjoy.

Sue

Thanks Sue, it sounds lovely :) Were there sun loungers already on the balcony, only the description says 2 chairs & a table? Not sure there'll be much sun bathing in March but you never know :D We've been to Bruge a few times before so are planning on spending this trip onboard ship enjoying the facilities!

Hi Sue, do you remember if there was an iron in the room? I know the brochure says ironing board but I cant find mention of an iron anywhere?

Thanks in advance :-)

Yes - there definately is a iron and ironing board.

Sue

• 7 months later...
Hi Sue

We have this suite next March, I was wondering if you can see on to the balcony from the pool terrace above?

Sarah

Hi Sarah

No - you cannot see the balcony from the terrace pool at all . It is completely private.

Enjoy

Sue

Archived