How can I take advantage of lower price?

acecombatmom

I have been reading on here about all these OBC because the price has decreased. I booked a group cruise but all the group rooms with the special prices were gone so I had to book a regular room for carnival prices. My 8D is now 100 dollars a person cheaper and a free upgrade to 8G with the past guest rate. How come I cannot take advantage of this? Carnival said I booked thru a TA so no refund.

If your TA booked you in an Early Saver fare, your TA should be able to apply for a price drop by sending in the correct form. If you are not in an Early Saver fare, you may be entitled only to an upgrade, if a higher category than yours is equal to or less than what you are booked at. Have you spoken with your TA ?

1) You booked with Past Guest Rate

2) Price protection is only for Early Saver rate

3) You booked thru a TA not directly thru Carnival.

By booking thru a TA you have contracted with your TA to handle of of your business dealings regarding this trip with Carnival. In affect, your TA is now your union rep, your business manager, your sports agent. All communications must now be thru your TA.

I have been reading on here about all these OBC because the price has decreased. I booked a group cruise but all the group rooms with the special prices were gone so I had to book a regular room for carnival prices. My 8D is now 100 dollars a person cheaper and a free upgrade to 8G with the past guest rate. How come I cannot take advantage of this? Carnival said I booked thru a TA so no refund.

You're booked as Past Guest rate, so after final payment Deadline as you appear to be, you cannot get OBC Price Adjustments, but you can probably get an upgrade. As youare booked via TA, you have to contact your TA who has to contact Carnival. ken

This makes no sense, so Im guessing they were telling you CARNIVAL couldnt process it ..that you needed to contact your TA, that it was up to the TA?

Contact your TA to get the upgrade if you want it. The OBC depends on what rate you booked.

So, if I understand this right, you are on a group cruise but all the rooms for the group are booked? Are you a last minute addition? I'm not sure about why Carnival only has a certain number of "group cruise" rooms but I do know from my cruise on the Valor last May, I was part of a "group" and that group got special discounts/upgrades for booking a certain number of rooms. If in fact you are a last minute addition, any and all questions/concerns have to go through the TA and NOT Carnival. Find out how you were booked and proceed from there.

Good luck! :)

You're booked as Past Guest rate, so after final payment Deadline as you appear to be, you cannot get OBC Price Adjustments, but you can probably get an upgrade. As youare booked via TA, you have to contact your TA who has to contact Carnival. ken

I had to book a regular room for carnival prices

OP said they booked at Carnival rates and there is NOW a past guest special they want to take advantage of.

I dont think you can assume from what the OP said that they booked past guest rate, if they dont say that. Im guessing the OP doesnt know what rate they booked.

OP said they booked at Carnival rates and there is NOW a past guest special they want to take advantage of.

I dont think you can assume from what the OP said that they booked past guest rate, if they dont say that. Im guessing the OP doesnt know what rate they booked.

You're right! ken

Thank you everyone I tried to get my TA today but she did not return my call I will try again tommorrow.

If you're sailing in June you're past the Final Payment and can't get OBC for price drops (unless booked Early Saver, which it seems you're not).

What are you booked (Fun Select, FunSaver, Past guest, Resident, 55+, Military....).

If you ARE booked Past Guest then you should be able to get an Upgrade for the Past Guest Price Drop & Upgrade offer.

ken

If you're sailing in June you're past the Final Payment and can't get OBC for price drops (unless booked Early Saver, which it seems you're not).

What are you booked (Fun Select, FunSaver, Past guest, Resident, 55+, Military....).

If you ARE booked Past Guest then you should be able to get an Upgrade for the Past Guest Price Drop & Upgrade offer.

ken

Yes, I got in touch with TA and she got me an free upgrade from 8d to 8g.

Archived