enclosed "in-hull" balcony

Keeper420

I would do it now and wouldn't expect any sort of comp. if you decide to leave it until you're aboard.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions after much consideration we decided to change rooms and were able to get a "shoulder balcony" which has a bit more space + glass railings. RM. 9031. Thanks again everyone for your help! Hopefully we will all have an EPIC time.

Hopefully anyone planning to book has been helped by finding out about these rooms from this thread!

Hi all - does anyone know/think that this "enclosed balcony" issue will be the same for those in the far aft balcony cabins too? We have booked 8209 - the first blacony room up the ship and nearest the aft - looking on pics (at the 3 "holes" at back of the ship) it looks like I may have the same issue? Any thoughts.

Hi all - does anyone know/think that this "enclosed balcony" issue will be the same for those in the far aft balcony cabins too? We have booked 8209 - the first blacony room up the ship and nearest the aft - looking on pics (at the 3 "holes" at back of the ship) it looks like I may have the same issue? Any thoughts.

Pictures tell the story - you will have an hulled balcony. Not fully enclosed but far more privacy then a regular balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Everyone... here is a photo of the hull balcony most are calling obstructed due to the surrounding hull and the railing itself obstructing an otherwise 180 degree view.NCL-Pearl-6-1-2008-071.jpg The area below the railing is plexiglass however above the railing is open.

I have booked these cabins for my clients after showing them the photos and they have all come back thanking me for the great deal and they have all said how much they loved it. :)

These cabins are especially nice when doing the Alaska cruises as they help to shield you from the cool breezes. Another great perk is that these cabins can be as much as $400 less per person than the one category above it.

Hope this helps... ;)

Hello Everyone... here is a photo of the hull balcony most are calling obstructed due to the surrounding hull and the railing itself obstructing an otherwise 180 degree view.NCL-Pearl-6-1-2008-071.jpg The area below the railing is plexiglass however above the railing is open.

I have booked these cabins for my clients after showing them the photos and they have all come back thanking me for the great deal and they have all said how much they loved it. :)

These cabins are especially nice when doing the Alaska cruises as they help to shield you from the cool breezes. Another great perk is that these cabins can be as much as $400 less per person than the one category above it.

Hope this helps... ;)

Hi there, you picture looks like it's from a Jewel class ship; the Epic's "in-hull" opening only goes down to approx. waist height, there is no plexiglass. :o

You guys are awesome...thank you for your responses and insight! OK, stupid question from a lurker who fully takes advantage of your wisdom!

OK, we are booked on the July 10 sailing (please, no delays!) and want to know if my balcony room 11021 is in-hull or not. I have tried to follow the conversation thus far, but am finding it hard to determine if mine is in that category. Any clues? Thanks so much!!!

You guys are awesome...thank you for your responses and insight! OK, stupid question from a lurker who fully takes advantage of your wisdom!

OK, we are booked on the July 10 sailing (please, no delays!) and want to know if my balcony room 11021 is in-hull or not. I have tried to follow the conversation thus far, but am finding it hard to determine if mine is in that category. Any clues? Thanks so much!!!

It looks like you have the 2nd "regular" balcony from the front on deck 11 starboard.

Hope that helps! :)

Hi - I have just found this post after booking 12014 yesterday - my own fault but the 3 day sale was too good a price to miss and I thought the cabin had a bigger balcony. Anyway - I cannot work out from the pictures whether it is a good balcony or not. Anyone help or should I wait until the first reviews and ask someone then?

Hi - I have just found this post after booking 12014 yesterday - my own fault but the 3 day sale was too good a price to miss and I thought the cabin had a bigger balcony. Anyway - I cannot work out from the pictures whether it is a good balcony or not. Anyone help or should I wait until the first reviews and ask someone then?

If you look at the deckplans and any of the detailed pictures of the Epic exterior it is easy to tell 2 things about your cabin. 1 it is a larger balcony and 2 it will be a hulled balcony.

Looking at the deckplan the last fully open balcony is the bump out 12016. 12000-12014 are hulled.

http://epicmadhatters.com/wp-content/uploads/8-28-09_deckplans_08.png

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I am on the same cruise as you and we are in 11000 and have friends in 11004. As far as I can tell yes the balconies are hulled-in, in the forward cabins, but until someone is actually on the ship who knows...... My guess is that you will have to hold you little one up to see the water. I don't know if I would change our room if we were bring our 2 yo DD. In my mind I think I like metal better than glass. Metal doesn't break easy, IMO.

HTH

Please join our roll call.

Melissa

Hi Buggers06, how was the cruise?

I am really interested in how you liked your cabin and what the balcony was like - did you have a problem with the steel enclosure - or was the view good anyway? Do you have any photos of the balcony/cabin that you can post? Would be really grateful! Thanks!

Once again this board saves the day.

We are sailing on the Epic in three days. We were in cabin 12008. We also have a child and did not like the idea of the cave balcony. So we went ahead and made the switch to a more traditional balcony.

The problem, though, is that my TA had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. I had to e-mail a picture to her with a big arrow pointing at my cabin. After getting no return call, I called the general number and got someone else on the line. This gentleman also didn't know what I was talking about, but he pulled up a picture of the Epic and quickly understood. He graciously helped me choose an alternate cabin.

But without this board we would not have realized this until we got into the room.

Everyone, there's a great sticky on Epic's hulled balconies at the very top of the main page, and here's a link (I apoligize for the repetition if the link was posted earlier in the thread): Epic's hulled balconies. About three posts into the thread is a photo with the cabins numbers superimposed on it.

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

• 4 years later...

Hope this helps... ;)

Great info & photo..keeping for referrence-Thanks for posting.:D