Lesbians in Seattle - questions???

grrl2grrl

We are doing the Alaska cruise this year, round trip out of Seattle, and we are planning a few extra days just to visit Seattle.

As I have never been to the west coast, there are a few things on my "must do" list, but I was also looking at GLBT in Seattle.

My questions is, anyone familiar with Seattle, are there any GLBT landmarks or "must do's" for Seattle?

We are 30 something Lesbians, not really into the club scene... you know the stereotypical crunchy, softball playing, motorcycle riding, femme & soft butch type couple...

(On my google search I did see Babeland & LRC) Maybe you know of a GLBT coffee shop, or bookstore, or hang out type of venue?

Or are there any Seattle native couples that wouldn't mind hanging with tourists for an evening? Where would I even begin to look for something like that?

Have you gone to your local library yet?

In the travel section there should be a smallish book (3 1/2 Wide X 6 1/2 Tall) ) called DAMROM Men's Travel Guide, (Yes, I know, it has men in the title.) The little Black Book of Gay Travel. They also publish a female version as well.

Your local book store should have it also in travel section. Take a look at it and bring pencil and paper with you.

I have the 2009 edition which lists a ton of places. It might be just the thing your are looking for. You might want to call the Seattle LGBT Community Center 206-323-5428 to see if they can help you. :)

Just a thought. Going out of Seattle June 14, 2010 for the 14 day Alaska cruise. Holland America Amsterdam, Arriving in Seattle on June 10th.

Ron

Another NEW web site for you to check out,

Its free, just sign up, and you can search your ship to see if others are on the same cruise. Be sure to fill out you questionnaire when joining so other like you will find searching your same cruise. You did not specify which cruise line you are on or the exact dates, I would have checked for you. But thats OK if you don't want to give out that information, I understand.

Have a geat cruise!

Ron

Ron,

Thanks for the post. No I haven't gone to the library - the book is better than google searches?

I did my google searches and came up with some things to do, but not really what I was searching for.

I am more looking for a local's opinion on places they like, instead of just the touristy advertised places.

I also posted a request if there were any GLBT on my cruise, and no responses. I checked out the website you mentioned, and no one on that either on my cruise.

Looks like we are the only ones aboard :) well, us and some of the crew.

Thanks for looking at the site I wrote about and your response .

But tell you what. I was on a TA (Trans Atlantic) cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale last year in April on a Princess ship. Only one person from Germany posted, but there were over 50 GLBT on-board who came to the FOD/GLBT meeting the very first day. It was amazing! Even the ship was surprised at the numbers. So don't give up hope! From what I can tell not many people are aware of the boards or just keep from posting for one reason or another, so what else can I say. You never know, and my experience turned into a positive truth, you just never know what is around the next curve.

Enjoy your cruise! I know I will.

Ron

Thanks Ron!

I am straight friendly, so even if there are no other GLBT onboard, I will have a blast.

I also noticed there were 60 something views on this thread, but only Ron & I talking... that's a lot of lurking...

Does that mean you (lurkers) want to know the answer too?

I was thinking of trying other websites to find another local lesbian couple in Seattle that would like to go out to dinner, and show some tourists their town, but I couldn't manage to think of any websites that were not "let's hook up" kind of sites, and we are definitely not looking for that... I have heard of websites that let you trade your house with someone else so both parties get a vacation in a new city, without the cost of a hotel, but I've never hear of an adopt a tourist kind of website...

So Seattle locals want to adopt a tourist couple for an evening?

Archived