What is up with the 3rd/4th/5th passenger prices?

suzycruiser2

I have been looking at both Mobile and New Orleans for a cruise in December. This morning I checked and the 3rd/4th/5th passenger rates have sky-rocketed.

Mobile - 12/9 - 289/289/699

New Orleans - 12/16 - 349/349/649

These are past guest rates. Is this normal to be this high or do you think something weird is going on with the Carnival website?

Someone's abacas is broke.

I was waiting for someone to copy what RCCL is doing with the Oasis, charging more for pax number 3 (and rumored for pax number 4).

A higher fare for a third passenger is tricky pricing, as it's cheaper than having a second cabin with a single suppliment. But having a higher fare for passengers 3 and 4, when it's just cheaper to book a second cabin, with the ULTRA bonus of having a second bathroom, just doesn't add up.

Now, for Carnival, if those prices are right (looks like maybe they are discounting pax 1 and 2, and forgot about pax 3+), it's actually cheaper to book a second cabin (Mobile), even with a single suppliment (NOLA; $50).

Archived