Starboard Side Cabin

skttnc

We are booked in a cabin on the Starboard side(right side of the ship) for our next cruise....when we dock at Cozumel will we be facing the pier or the ocean? We will be on the Triumph in July.

Is this bad? good? doesn't matter? what do you prefer? :confused:

I always hope to be on the pier side when docked. I love to people watch, especially if there are pier runners! However, it doesn't seem anyone can predict which way the boat will dock. I am sure it has to do with many variables like the weather, other ships in port, etc. Always a gamble!

Depending on which side of the pier you are docked on you will either be looking at the pier with another Carnival ship docked to your starboard, or you will be that other ship and be looking kind of at the ocean but there is quite a bit of shoreline and industrial stuff on that view.

Generally speaking, but not always, Carnival pulls in rather than backs in at Cozumel.

I was surprised to wake up and see the Disney Wonder parked next to us. Turned out we parked downtown. I was told they made a announcement that we would be downtown, but I didnt hear it.

I LOVE Punta Langosta pier.....sadly since Carnival's pier was rebuilt...we don't get to visit it very often...but it is sooo convenient to downtown...

Unless yours is the only ship in port, or the first to arrive, your view will probably be of another ship. ;)

Seriously, though, when we docked in Cozumel on the Inspiration, our cabin was on the starboard side, facing away from the pier. When we arrived, we docked between two other ships, so it didn't matter much which side our cabin was on.

Have a great time!

Archived