Only 3-4 hours in Nachi Cocum?

lmw315

I reserved an afternoon at Nachi Cocum on May 5, but didn't realize that our ship doesn't get in port until 1pm, and Nachi closes at 5pm. By the time we get the tender and taxi, it probably won't be closer to 2 until we get there. Is it even worth going for such a short amount of time? Is Cozumel time any different than ship time? If it's an hour or two earlier in Cozumel maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Someone make me feel better about this decision! :D

Why do you say tender?we have always docked in Cozumel,well with the exception when the docks were wiped out.I think 3 to 5 hours is a good amount of time there.You will love it!!!!

Kimberley

I reserved an afternoon at Nachi Cocum on May 5, but didn't realize that our ship doesn't get in port until 1pm, and Nachi closes at 5pm. By the time we get the tender and taxi, it probably won't be closer to 2 until we get there. Is it even worth going for such a short amount of time? Is Cozumel time any different than ship time? If it's an hour or two earlier in Cozumel maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Someone make me feel better about this decision! :D

First of all, Cozumel is NOT a tender port. But, I agree with you, that really isn't much time to spend there, but just my personal opinion. I think that I would just go to another beach (free one) and spend a few hours there instead.

sue

Even docking at the pier it may be 1:30 or later, before they give the all clear and you can leave. However, that will be 12:30 Cozumel time. You'd be in Nachi by 1PM Coz time. That's 4 hours. For me 4 hours in anyone's beach is more than enough. But unless you're using the AI for excessive drinking and eating, it could be cheaper at another beach, like Paradise Beach where no entry fee is charged. Taxi fare will be the same either way.

Well I've already paid the $12 deposit, so I guess there's no backing out now. I'll just have to make sure we eat and drink as much as we can to get our money's worth! You're limited to three courses, though, is that right?

Well I've already paid the $12 deposit, so I guess there's no backing out now. I'll just have to make sure we eat and drink as much as we can to get our money's worth! You're limited to three courses, though, is that right?

Looks like you are on Imagination, I did that cruise a couple of times and we actually docked early, around noon. So you just might get lucky and have an early port arrival. In any event, Nachi is worth it.

Archived