Question Regarding Pre Cruise Shopping

NYGirl1002

My son and his new bride had a big fuss made over them on the Island Princess. They had balloons and signs on their door (they celebrated their honeymoon and his birthday later in the week) and the room steward made cute things inside the cabin and left a note too! They sang "Happy Honeymoon to you" in the dining room, they got cake....and they had no idea that Princess would do this. (Their online travel agent must have called Princess).

Just in case they don't decorate or do anything the first day, you should bring a gift from home (unwrapped to get through airport security) and a gift bag to wrap it in, tissue paper, card, etc. You can get all kinds of things at a dollar store (trinkets, and even decorations).

I hope you have a lovely cruise and your child the best birthday ever!

My daughter turned seven a few days before one cruise, so I put it in the personalizer (according to the Princess website, you can celebrate birthdays and anniversaries within a few weeks of the occasion). The sign and balloons weren't there so after a day (but were on the cabin next to us), I did call the front desk and tell them about the birthday. Within a day, the decorations were up on the door. And we were asked about the cake at dinner by our waiter (we had traditional dining).

So if you don't see the decorations, just ask, even if they can't get them up on the actual day, I'm sure it'll be a thrill for her.

When we were cruising at holiday time, I did put some small Hanukkah gifts in my suitcase to give to the girl.

Archived