New Junkanoo Beach Club in Freeport

gottago2mexico

Beginning May 9th, Junkanoo Beach Club on Taino Beach will be offering beach chairs for $5.00 and free admission to the Beach Club. They will also be offering free transportation to/from anywhere on Grand Bahama.

Onsite is a restaurant and bar, a few palapas, beach chairs, a beach volleyball net, paddle boats, and kayaks. They will also offer small-group snorkeling tours for $25.00 to a nearby reef.

There are not motorized watersports onsite, but you can walk the beach to Taino Beach Resort (to the west) where Lucayan Watersports offers wave runners and the like.

Also on Taino Beach are Tony Macaroni's Conch Experience (excellent Roast Conch, Roast Shrimp, Roast Lobster, or Roast Fish) and Outrigger's. If you walk a little more down from Outriggers, you have several other native hangouts like The White Wave Club, Gully Wash, and Da Bus Stop.

Port Lucaya is about a 5 minute taxi ride from Taino Beach, so you can have them drop you there, and then take the ship's shuttle back afterward.

See details at http://www.junkanoobeachfreeport.com

Just got off the phone with them and they could not have been more helpful! This may have solved my dilemma about what to do in Freeport! We are only there from 7 am-2pm and was looking for something on the inexpensive side since we have to leave so early.

Thanks for the link!

Just got off the phone with them and they could not have been more helpful! This may have solved my dilemma about what to do in Freeport! We are only there from 7 am-2pm and was looking for something on the inexpensive side since we have to leave so early.

Thanks for the link!

Althought I've never done the tour, I have been to the Junkanoo Beach Club, and Tony macaroni's (this beach is the sight of the summer regatta and lots of fun).

the Beach is quite nice, the Club was cool and the bartenders friendly.

I saw a couple of tours come and go and everyone seemed to have a good time.

Althought I've never done the tour, I have been to the Junkanoo Beach Club, and Tony macaroni's (this beach is the sight of the summer regatta and lots of fun).

the Beach is quite nice, the Club was cool and the bartenders friendly.

I saw a couple of tours come and go and everyone seemed to have a good time.

Scubagirl you are the best!! I was hoping you would see this thread and give my your opinion!!

Just got off the phone with them.... advised me that I could only book through carnival... could someone else let me know what response they get. I leave on the sensation on May 16th and would love to get the cheap price!

Just got off the phone with them.... advised me that I could only book through carnival... could someone else let me know what response they get. I leave on the sensation on May 16th and would love to get the cheap price!

hmmm... I wonder what excursion Carnival books with them?

The person who I spoke to did say the name of the excursion but I am embarrased to see that I couldn't understand her and couldn't ask her to repeat herself again after I had already asked twice! There was also a lot of noise going on in the background.....

I just got an email from my TA who called Carnival on my behalf because I did not see an excursion for Junkanoo Beach Club. Carnival does offer a "Beach Break & Shopping" excursion however it doesn't say what beach! My TA was told that this excursion is to the Radisson Our Lucaya. TA was also told that Carnival did not contract with Junkanoo this season.

Now do I do it on my own or take a Carnival excursion elsewhere because we leave early? Decisions, decisions!

Also when I called Junkaroo this week they were very friendly but when I questioned pick up from the port since they advertised it for hotels they didn't seem interested at all.

I just got an email from my TA who called Carnival on my behalf because I did not see an excursion for Junkanoo Beach Club. Carnival does offer a "Beach Break & Shopping" excursion however it doesn't say what beach! My TA was told that this excursion is to the Radisson Our Lucaya. TA was also told that Carnival did not contract with Junkanoo this season.

Now do I do it on my own or take a Carnival excursion elsewhere because we leave early? Decisions, decisions!

Also when I called Junkaroo this week they were very friendly but when I questioned pick up from the port since they advertised it for hotels they didn't seem interested at all.

When I looked at the beach club's website, it rather prominently advertises that "Celebration Cruise Line and on-island guests are welcome." It looks like a fun place to visit, but it sure doesn't seem that other cruises lines' guests are on their "A" list. I think we're headed to Paradise Cove instead.

Archived