How much does Carnival sell cabanas for?

chachi

I thought that they were around $200-$250 normally. I am going on a chartered cruise on Carnival, and got the details today. It said you can rent one in HMC for $800/4 people. Is this normal, or are they really ripping us off? Thanks

I have no idea where you're seeing that price. What says $800?

You can't reserve them online through Carnival (not sure why HAL can do it but Carnival makes you wait until you board), so they don't show up as excursions, so I'm not sure where you're finding any pricing at all.

There are many, many threads on the Private Islands Port of Call board about renting the cabanas.

I have no idea where you're seeing that price. What says $800?

You can't reserve them online through Carnival (not sure why HAL can do it but Carnival makes you wait until you board), so they don't show up as excursions, so I'm not sure where you're finding any pricing at all.

There are many, many threads on the Private Islands Port of Call board about renting the cabanas.

It is a chartered ship. The information was emailed to me. This is cut and pasted from that email.

Limited Cabanas are available to rent for the Half Moon Cay Beach Party Saturday, May 15th. Cabana rental includes priority tender for maximum of 4 passengers, 8 cans of Soda, (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite or Fanta Orange) 4 sets of Snorkel Gear, (please have fin size) and 2 bottles of water. Cabanas are equipped with table & 4 chairs, 2 lounge chairs, 4 water rafts, ceiling fan, air conditioner and refrigerator. After you have checked in at the Cruise Terminal and have your Sail & Sign Card, please proceed to Carnival's Customer Service Desk, to the right of the Check in Desk and see Jeannie to reserve your Cabana. The Cabana rental is $800 and payable in cash at the Cruise Terminal. Please have all names (4), fin sizes and soda choices along with $800 cash ready to reserve your Cabana on Friday, May 14th at the terminal.

Wow sounds like someone is pocketing a lot of extra money.:eek:

That's what I think. Especially since we have to pay in cash to the cruise organizer before we even board. It is not Carnival that is ripping us off.

We are in port from 9:30-7:30 so it is going to be a long day. A cabana would be nice. I just can't do it. I could go on another criuse for that price.

You better double check that.. Someone maybe confusing the $225 cabana with the Oasis...

That was copied directly from my email. It is not a mistake. The prices are outrageous. I am paying $1300 for a weekend cruise (just me, my sister had to pay that too). They are charging us enormous fees because they know they can. Some rooms were $5000 per person ($20,000 for the room).

Only 200.00 per Cabana in Roatan in July, That is PER CABANA-holds 4 persons...SO there must be some mix up or someone is charging way too much. I would call Carnival and find out exactly what's going on..This seems outrageous!

That was copied directly from my email. It is not a mistake. The prices are outrageous. I am paying $1300 for a weekend cruise (just me, my sister had to pay that too). They are charging us enormous fees because they know they can. Some rooms were $5000 per person ($20,000 for the room).

OMG, what is so special about this cruise to pay those prices?

I would imagine the company that chartered the ship, already bought up all the cabanas, so you have to go through them if you want one.

Yeah probably. I gotta get in the shakedown business.

Only 200.00 per Cabana in Roatan in July, That is PER CABANA-holds 4 persons...SO there must be some mix up or someone is charging way too much. I would call Carnival and find out exactly what's going on..This seems outrageous!

No it is definately $800. I have read it and reread it. I went on this cruise last year although we didn't go to HMC. Carnival couldn't even sell us transfers to the airport. They made a deal with the tour company.

If I could buy one for $800 I'd do it in a heart beat!:D As it is, we did rent one for $225 and 4 of us split the cost.

The larger cabana, the Oasis, may go for that but I though it was even more than that, maybe not though. I know your e-mail may quote that price, but I think the sender got something confused, maybe accidentaly quoting the price for the larger Oasis, and not the 4 person cabana.

Yes, they are 225.00 and well worth it. The waiters bring large trays of food to you. There is a refrigerator, too. The cabana comes with snorkels, swim float mats..etc.. There's also nice lounge chairs with big cushions (very comfortable) and nice amenities, including air conditioning. We go to the beach here in Florida, but that cabana was a real treat and not something we'd do everyday.

We had cabana 12, which was far enough away from the crowds. I went immediately to the excursion desk to rent the cabana right when I boarded that first day. My family went to eat lunch. I was first in line when they opened. I would suggest boarding as early as possible. There

1879993909_Cruise2007015.jpg.d48297a3098b34c408aa91f0bfbde24d.jpg

2144205044_Cruise2007022.jpg.375f0a595098996b12c0793a2f27c6ad.jpg

If I could buy one for $800 I'd do it in a heart beat!:D As it is, we did rent one for $225 and 4 of us split the cost.

The larger cabana, the Oasis, may go for that but I though it was even more than that, maybe not though. I know your e-mail may quote that price, but I think the sender got something confused, maybe accidentaly quoting the price for the larger Oasis, and not the 4 person cabana.

It is not just an email. It is like an advetisement almost like a poster. They spent time on it. I am sure they would have double checked their work. It is a long day in port and the guys are going to be on the island with us. I am assumming they think they can charge those prices because people are going to want to get out of the sun, but not leave the island. The New Kids are coming at some point on to the island, but we don't know what time. You have to wait on the island to see them.

Archived