Grandeur JS 8088 or 7650??

gdpups

I'm booking my first cruise on Grandeur and have heard good things about both JS aft 8088 and JS corner aft 7650?? Please help me decide which!

I know there is a night club below 7650, but heard the corner afts have walk in closets, etc. Would there be more vibration because it's a lower deck??

8088 is middle aft, but I heard there can be soot. Is that a problem??

Hard decision for me, so any help would be much appreciated!

We were in 8088 on our 13 day repo from Baltimore to NOLA in 2006. The ONLY complaint we had was with the soot on the balcony, and you can live with it. When you sea any soot, tell your cabin attendant. They will clean it up the best they can and it is unpredictable, depending on winds, weather, etc. We never felt it to be a deal breaker. And noise, from anywhere, never heard a thing. Slept very well.

That aft balcony is large enough to have a party for 12. And to sea that wake, especially at night, is outstanding. The longer walk to anywhere from aft, is to be considered. If you are fit and trim it's fine. If you have any disability or walking problems, you don't wanna be this far aft.

And, if this cabin is still serviced by "Mr. T", you will be fortunate. The best cabin attendant we ever had.

Enjoy 8088 on Grandeur. We did for 13 wonderful days!

Rick and Deirdra

Archived