Thomson Dream All inclusive question

dizzy,

good report i have been onto thomsons with no joy i told them i was being reasonable because if they give me my drinks package back £378 i would probably spend £6-700 on branded names as my wife is smirnoff and im a whisky drinker but she rejected me because we are leaving on 25th may.

its a kick in the teeth because we missed our red sea trip because of the ash,and i only booked the dream 2wks ago,i have got onto my national paper about this so will keep yous all informed.

also told the nice thomsons girl that there will be mutiny on the dream:o,

and i have something up my sleeve that will cost thomsons treble the amount of money while am on that ship,;) again watch this space next month :D.

HERES MY UPDATE WITH THOMSONS!

First of all can i say we were expecting a negative response from the shop, but it was the complete opposite!.

We saw the girl who we originally booked the cruise with last year and explained what we'd heard from friends and others who had just returned from the Dream.

She said they had heard about the drinks package problem and were waiting to hear from Head Office, but said to take a seat and she would speak to Head Office while we were there.

The new drinks package is correct unfortunately, but our agent argued our case with them, and she really did give it to them!!! :mad:

Bottomline is, Head Office have told her that there is a meeting on Monday morning because of the complaints, so they've told her what the decision will be by lunchtime. Our agent will speak to me after that, but she said were most likely to get some vouchers to spend on the ship, but said she will make sure it's all in writing for us.

That'll do nicely thank you very much!! :D

HI - Just wanted to let everyone know that I too sent an email to Thomsons on Tuesday to request clarification and confirmation on what exactly was included in the 'All Inclusive Drinks package on the Thomson Dream. This is their reply (which I received today) below:

"Thank you for your email regarding your forthcoming cruise. We are still waiting for clarification on the exact changes and details of our all inclusive drinks packages. We should have these details within the next 48 hours. If you please contact us then we will be able to advise you. May I take this opportunity to thank you for booking with Thomson Cruises." :cool:

I will let you know if I receive any further information.

Hi Loopyloo,

Please would you let me know which email address you have used. I emailed Thomson 6 days ago and again yesterday with no reply whatsover. The address I used was PreTravelServices@thomson.co.uk, is this correct? Like everyone else not very happy about this situation. We have paid full price for AI for 2 weeks. That is beside the point whether full price was paid or free upgrade. Lots of people are disappointed. For those who don't do forums they will be very upset when they order their first cocktail!!! At least we have time to get our complaint heard. I probably feel sorry for the bar staff who are going to get it in the ear (not their fault). I just want to make sure my complaint is heard by the correct department/person. I have telephoned Thomson and was told nothing had changed and was reassured!!! that was in the early days before the evidence started to come through that it has changed.

Thanks for the update Mack. It will be interesting to see if my Thomson TA comes up with the same response, or if they actually get a response from Head Office. Responses seem very patchy.

Interesting to note that, given comments earlier that the AI change may apply only to the Dream, Thomson website still gives details of AI exactly as they always have done and that there is no difference between the Dream and other ships.

Thanks for the update Mack. It will be interesting to see if my Thomson TA comes up with the same response, or if they actually get a response from Head Office. Responses seem very patchy.

I'll let you all know Monday afternoon, and if it gets sorted they know i want faxed confirmation so i'll scan that as well to post up

Interesting to note that, given comments earlier that the AI change may apply only to the Dream, Thomson website still gives details of AI exactly as they always have done and that there is no difference between the Dream and other ships.

I have just called Cruise Deals who tell me that as far as they are concerned the AI package will remain the same throughout the season for the Dream. Wouldn't comment on why it is on the Dream that has been singled out for this. The lady I spoke to said that we could have a refund of our money paid out for AI package. That was that. So it sounds as though they have been kept in the dark by Thomsons head office as well. Hopefully we'll find out more on Monday.

also told the nice thomsons girl that there will be mutiny on the dream:o,

and i have something up my sleeve that will cost thomsons treble the amount of money while am on that ship,;) again watch this space next month :D.

Hi we are also leaving on 25th but booked last year for this cruise as i have said on other post was told new ship then told refrub and also told best AI deal on any cruise line so maybe we could meet up and have a good moan at one of the bars (ASH PERMITTTING):D:D

Well I've just got off the phone, for my follow up as promised yesterday. I was told a meeting had taken place & the AI programme would be changing 'again'. The programme on Dream will revert to a programme in line with other ships in the fleet. The only exceptions now from the AI programme are Baileys, Southern Comfort & Sparkling wine. If I want confirmation in writing I must request it from my TA, whom I've called already & am awaiting a call back from. Has anyone else been told the same as of today??

Hi Loopyloo,

Please would you let me know which email address you have used. I emailed Thomson 6 days ago and again yesterday with no reply whatsover. The address I used was PreTravelServices@thomson.co.uk, is this correct? Like everyone else not very happy about this situation. We have paid full price for AI for 2 weeks. That is beside the point whether full price was paid or free upgrade. Lots of people are disappointed. For those who don't do forums they will be very upset when they order their first cocktail!!! At least we have time to get our complaint heard. I probably feel sorry for the bar staff who are going to get it in the ear (not their fault). I just want to make sure my complaint is heard by the correct department/person. I have telephoned Thomson and was told nothing had changed and was reassured!!! that was in the early days before the evidence started to come through that it has changed.

Hi - I used contactus@thomson-cruises.com. They replied within 24 hours. Good Luck!

Have just called Thomsons and spoke to Laura and she said it was a 2 week trail and they have had so many complaints about it, it has now gone back to the orginal package as described in the brochure, she said they would not confirm by letter or email.

Have to see when the next cruise comes back if all is ok now.

People Power :D

Well I've just got off the phone, for my follow up as promised yesterday. I was told a meeting had taken place & the AI programme would be changing 'again'. The programme on Dream will revert to a programme in line with other ships in the fleet. The only exceptions now from the AI programme are Baileys, Southern Comfort & Sparkling wine. If I want confirmation in writing I must request it from my TA, whom I've called already & am awaiting a call back from. Has anyone else been told the same as of today??

Thanks Jo - Much Appreciated. Hopefully that will be the end of the matter now! :-)

Thomsons have sent me the following email this afternoon:

Thank you for contacting Thomson Cruises.

‘We were trialling a new drinks package for the first few sailings, but this has now stopped with the package back to what it was before.'

We will re visit the package in the future but any changes will be communicated, existing customers considered and systems updated in line.

I hope this helps resolve the situation, thanks for your patience'.

Looks as though Thomsons have 'backed off' and now reverted AI drinks package back to normal. :D

Thomsons have sent me the following email this afternoon:

Thank you for contacting Thomson Cruises.

‘We were trialling a new drinks package for the first few sailings, but this has now stopped with the package back to what it was before.'

We will re visit the package in the future but any changes will be communicated, existing customers considered and systems updated in line.

I hope this helps resolve the situation, thanks for your patience'.

Looks as though Thomsons have 'backed off' and now reverted AI drinks package back to normal. :D

Hi Loopyloo:)

Thank you for keeping us up to speed with Thomson policy. The e-mail you received is good news. There's a lot of people on this thread going to be happy bunnies now me included. Just think that the folks on the first few cruises have certainly had a bad deal and should receive some sort of gesture from Thomson.

Thanks again.:D

hoopy,

i have a sneaky feeling my contact has already been in touch with thomsons,i gave him the details of the board critic along with a cracking e-mail from a friend of a friend, with the two together and also the trump card up my sleeve i can see change by the time we go on board;),

as long as the wind doesnt change:rolleyes:

The programme on Dream will revert to a programme in line with other ships in the fleet. The only exceptions now from the AI programme are Baileys, Southern Comfort & Sparkling wine.

This is in line with the Spirit, these 3 drinks are included on the celebration though due to the difference in Thomsons ownership.

Hiya,

I spoke to Thomsons less than an hour ago and they confirmed that the drinks package had altered and was limited to the cocktail of the day and long island iced tea.........I subsequently cancelled my AI package and asked for a refund of the £756.00.....the latest posts on here suggest otherwise..........now I am totally confused....

Archived