Manhattan Cruise Terminal to Newark Airport

RSVE821

We'll be arriving on the NCL EPIC at 12 noon on July 1. There is speculation that clearing the ship by authorities in New York could possibly take longer than normal as the ship is entering the US for the first time. This makes reserving ground transporation to the Newark airport difficult. Spending $33 for a Super Shuttle is more reasonable than $80 for a cab. Anyone know if Super Shuttle has some vans hanging around the pier when a shiip arrives that one can hop on without a reservation? A back up plan is to cab ($10) over to Port Authority Bus Terminal where there is service to Newark every 15 minutes @ $30 for 2. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

We'll be arriving on the NCL EPIC at 12 noon on July 1. There is speculation that clearing the ship by authorities in New York could possibly take longer than normal as the ship is entering the US for the first time. This makes reserving ground transporation to the Newark airport difficult. Spending $33 for a Super Shuttle is more reasonable than $80 for a cab. Anyone know if Super Shuttle has some vans hanging around the pier when a shiip arrives that one can hop on without a reservation? A back up plan is to cab ($10) over to Port Authority Bus Terminal where there is service to Newark every 15 minutes @ $30 for 2. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Please don't count on Super Shuttle in NYC. It just doesn't work very well in the City. Toooo many places to stop-hotels, residences, etc in a very small area. I was born and raised in LA, where Super Shuttle started. When they first opened up in NYC, I figured I would get the same great service at a reasonable price. Nope.

I now avoid Super Shuttle in NYC like the plague. One of my employees hired Super Shuttle in December although I had warned about the time it takes to pick up passengers. Driving around and around and around picking up passengers to go to JFK took almost 2 hours (not counting the drive to JFK). One person on the shuttle missed their plane and my employee was running through the airport to catch his plane. Thank goodness he didn't have any luggage to check and already had his boarding pass.

Your back up plan (if you can handle all your luggage) is a far better idea IMHO.

Archived