Okay - Can I bring it or not?

A small PLUG in fan that I have used on ships before? Can I bring a power strip, one that has a surge protector, which I think would be better than just a regular power strip - but okay, even what about a regular power strip? An extension cord?

With all the conflicting information I'm reading on the board about Carnival banning all of these, does RCCL still allow them? I know somebody else said ASK for a fan on board and they will bring you one IF they have any left. Well, what if they're all out? Can't I just use my little plug in fan? The fan is not for cooling more so for the white noise.

Does anybody know what RCCL's policy is on these items before I pack one of them for next week on Oasis and they confiscate it (or them)?

Thanks!

A small PLUG in fan that I have used on ships before? Can I bring a power strip, one that has a surge protector, which I think would be better than just a regular power strip - but okay, even what about a regular power strip? An extension cord?

With all the conflicting information I'm reading on the board about Carnival banning all of these, does RCCL still allow them? I know somebody else said ASK for a fan on board and they will bring you one IF they have any left. Well, what if they're all out? Can't I just use my little plug in fan? The fan is not for cooling more so for the white noise.

Does anybody know what RCCL's policy is on these items before I pack one of them for next week on Oasis and they confiscate it (or them)?

Thanks!

We alwasys take an extension cord and small fan (4 or 5 inch from WalMart). Fan really circulates the air, and an extension cord as plugs are inconveniently located. Never had problems. As a matter of fact, we used both on our Liberty sailing on 4/11/10.

Like the above post - I got my small fan from walmart and I didn't even put it in a suitcase - rccl just put a tag on it and sent it to our room - you better get your fan now because they will start selling out

On both of our cruise - I brought an extension cord so that i could plug in my hairdryer in the bathroom - i didn't like the one at the desk - you should be okay. I plugged in my extension cord under the desk and took the cord to the bath room as they don't have an outlet in the bathroom - can't figure that one out....

Until RCL fixes the problem with the outlets being UNDER the desk, I just don't see how they can ban extension cords or serge protectors. In fact, they should be handing them out like they do on Carnival. I really can't be expected to go down on the floor to plug in my curling iron every night. :cool:

We also bring one because there's never enough outlets or half of them are hidden behind furniture.

Does anybody know if you are allowed to bring a pack of 5 Hour energys?

OH MY! Never used them before our Liberty sailing last month. THEY WORK!! No problem getting them onboard, My DH carried them on in his backpack. I bought a 6 pack today and will buy another for our 5/29 Oasis sailing.

I emailed RC two weeks ago requesting a fan in our room for our upcoming trip. They replied back stating that they don't have fans on board but I'm more than welcome to bring my own.

Hope that helps!

Archived