"Bubble" Staterooms on Freedom

Hi All,

I currently have a "bubble" stateroom held on Freedom for an upcoming cruise and wondered if these are good or bad. They seem to jut out from the side of the ship and I wondered if this made a difference and if people enjoyed them. Your response is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Chad J.

If you are talking about the "hump" balconies that jut out from the side about 2/3rds of the way back then yes they are quite nice. Had a hump balcony in October on Freedom as did my parents and we loved them. Great views forward and aft, not far from elevators and very quiet. Go for it! Enjoy your cruise, Jim

This location is considered one of the best because of location and view.

We have a E-2 booked for November, a little smaller cabin but a little bigger baickiny. They sell out very quickly so book early is you decide on one. :D:D

We had D1 hump, port side (cabin 9642) on our last FOS sailing, really good location near the elevators and stairs, not noisy at all.

Got a hump on our upcoming Adventure sailing so you could say we like them!

Check out the pictures from FOS if you follow the link below my signature for the Freedom Sept 2009 sailing.

Hi Peter

We Sailed together last year on the FOS, We sailed the AOS a few weeks ago and she is in shipshape

[ATTACH]154906[/ATTACH]

Hi Michael, great to hear from you. I see you've plenty of cruises planned!

I will be sailing a hump cabin on Freedom next year. Pete, loved your photo album of Freedom; some very good pics.

Glad you liked them, just watched the slideshow again myself, would love to be back onboard. Two of the guys in my photos are sailing on her again today, jealous!

we sailed in one of those on both the Freedom and Liberty and they have lots of extra space in the cabin between the bed and the balcony door and the balcony is also extra large, large enough for a lounge chair (which I wish they would put out there).

Hi Michael, great to hear from you. I see you've plenty of cruises planned!

You to, I just try to plan ahead and with Virgin flying direct from Glasgow to Orlando next year from March to Oct I think I will be planning somemore

Here's a link to the drink menu from the AOS in April

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49903842@N08/

I never heard it called a "bubble" before :p ! Of course I grew up thinking that BS :eek: stood for only one thing and then I started cruising and found out that BS also stands for Balcony Snobs. I am proud to say that I am a card carrying member of this society.

We also have the center hump (9630) cabin on the Voyager next year. I can't wait - my first hump cabin. Next up - true wrap around AFT Balcony Cabin.

Wow thanks for all the advice! We are split between Freedom and Celebrity Eclipse. We are Disney cruisers so this is our first time "outside" of them. We are trying to figure out if Celebrity is too big of a jump from Disney (as far as activities to relaxation) or would be find the best mix with Freedom. Ugh, I hate not knowing when planning, I usually know everything when we travel. lol

I have sailed on the Equinox (Aqua class) and the Independence, but not on Disney. I love both of them. Celebrity is definitely more laid back, but there is plenty to do. You will not find a belly flop contest (but will on the Freedom). Service is just a little better on Celebrity. You can't go wrong either way.

Archived