Can someone help?

Occasionally, a cruise line will bump passengers into a higher catagory cabin in order to free up the less expensive (such as an inside) because they are able to sell those cabins more easily.

There is also a theory that cruise lines bump to get you hooked on the nicer cabins like mini suites and suites.

RCCL isn't particularly known for giving free upgrades. They typically offer peir upgrades at fixed pricing (unless the ship is full).

I'm not sure if you have been in an inside cabin before. Some people like them or feel that the money they save is better spent on excursions or other expenses. Personally, I am not a fan. I found myself sleeping too late and wishing there was some way to get fresh air into the cabin.

You will often read "don't book a cabin you wouldn't be happy with" on these boards and it is good advice. Good luck!

The first time we booked a cruise (with AAA) they told us the same thing and talked us into getting an inside instead of paying more for an outside. The TA said "oh, we have connections and you are almost assured of an upgrade." Yeah, right! :rolleyes: We had a great time though and the Disney insides were huge, so it didn't matter.

Archived