Fall 2011 Trans Atlantic

Delta Queen

Hi:

Does anyone know when the rates for the Fall 2011 Trans Atlantic

will be available? We would like to try Star Clippers but we prefer Trans

Atlantic cruises preferably Westbound. Since we are already booked

for Nov 2010 we are now looking at Fall 2011.

Thanks

Hello:

A friend and I are also waiting on the release of the 2011 schedule for the TA.

I was suppose to go on the Fall 2010 one but my roommate backed out on me and I couldn't afford the single upgrade. I've got a roommate that I have sailed with before and it looks like a go. I'm going on this one no matter what. <g>

I've been told that they will be released in June. It's kind of funny since the 2010 schedule was out April 2009 but this one will not be out until June or maybe July.

I have a TA looking at it from there end and I have a couple of friends that have sailed a lot with them (who gets E-mails from them) plus I check the website about 3 times a week, so hopefully all ends will be covered.

It will be here before you know it.

Rogue

I recently e-mailed Star Clippers about the 2011/12 brochure and was told that it will be issued "in the summer", but that schedules and rates will be on the website very shortly.

Thank you for your replies.

It does seem ridiculous to be planning our lives so far ahead

but we have previously sailed on Oceania & if you don't book

at least a year or 18 months ahead the price goes up &/or

they are fully booked.

Have never sailed Star Clipper but my husband would really like to sail on a fully rigged ship.

A Lancashire Lass

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you for your replies.

It does seem ridiculous to be planning our lives so far ahead

but we have previously sailed on Oceania & if you don't book

at least a year or 18 months ahead the price goes up &/or

they are fully booked.

Have never sailed Star Clipper but my husband would really like to sail on a fully rigged ship.

A Lancashire Lass

We booked last week for Star Flyer Athens-Istanbull and Istanbull-Athens back to back Departing June 25 2011! Can't wait ................:D

I too am thinking of the Westbound for Fall 2011 and have been getting pricing through my TA.

They told us that the brochures will be out in June/July

I am trying to convinve some of my travel friends to join me or it is a solo trip that year.

• 3 weeks later...

We are considering the Star Clipper 14 day transatlantic in 2011 as well.

I believe the pricing or at least the "early bird" credit/discount has just been announced in the last week or so according to my TA.

We looked at the repositioning which is a 22 day transatlantic usually in the month of October. The west bound is in Oct sailing from Spain to Florida , and in April the east bound sails from St Maartin to I believe Spain. The east bound is shorter and the west bound has at least 15 sea days. The rates are very inexpensive on those particular cruises which I suspect is the result of the massive amount of sea days. We have a conflict in October so we will be booking the east bound. I suspect there is a huge difference entre sailing this line on port intensive cruises vrs mainly sea days. The disparity in prices confirms my belief that you would really have to love just being on the ocean to enjoy fifteen sea days on such a small vessel. I personally sailed on some very small USN ships where on some days you could barely walk about the ship. Luxuries such as laundry service and room service (most cabins) do not exist as I am certain other frills are missing as well. However, if you are like me and love being on and feeling the ocean this may be an awesome experience. I should state that since I have never sailed on this line I can only repeat what I have read ,but I think it may be fairly accurate. I hope this helps.

The west bound ends in Barbados not Florida and for an ocean view its about 2,400.00 per person. It also sails out of Malaga, Spain. Sorry about that mistake I was quoting it from memory appears to be slipping much more frequently as my children enter their teen years.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked the October 2011 transatlantic on the Royal Clipper. I am traveling alone and knocking this one off of my "bucket list"

I have done numerous big ships as well as all of the Wind Jammer Barefoot cruises before they went out of business.

Here is the rate info page for anyone interested.

http://starclippers.com/index.php

• 3 weeks later...

Received Star Clipper catalog last week. They have reduced prices on cruises for 2011 if you book sailing by October 31st. We got 40% off on Star Flyer for October 1, 2011 starting in Monte Carlo and ending up after 14 days in Malaga. It all sounds wonderful. Looking forward to our first real clipper ship experience.

Archived