eden rock

cary1306

Its a very easy swim and the latter is close location...the day we were there we had fish from the latter to the bouys and just about everywhere in between. here are some pics to maybe help a lil.

This is a pic of eden from the tender boat...the latter is in the far left of the pic, rite by the blue railing you see.

gloryvacation4-18364.jpg

here is a pic of the entrance..lil restaurant to the left along with the $5 lockers for rent.

gloryvacation4-18346.jpg

hope this helps a lil, it was a easy walk from the ship there and the water was great. have fun and enjoy.

if you question your swimming skills

PLEASE DON'T GO

life guards don't actually appreciate bringing you in ... even when off duty and on vacation . . .

long time life guard sends. . .

PLEASE DON'T GO

life guards don't actually appreciate bringing you in ... even when off duty and on vacation . . .

So far in my time there...they dont have alot of lifegaurds on duty...and if they were they hide pretty well.

Isnt that the American way...you dont like the job you signed up for??? Glad to know lifeguards dont like there job...

PLEASE DON'T GO

If your a lifegaurd tell us what beach,SO WE CAN ALLL STAY AWAY :o

excuse me for not wanting to see people risking their lives for a few minutes of ill advised fun

all the folks I've pulled out over the years have been very happy I WAS there, either on the payroll or on vacation, when I hauled their ... out of danger. "I didn't know it was so deep .... I thought I could swim that far .... I thought I knew where I was going .... I thought I had enough gas to get there ... what signs about current ... oh, that's what those flags mean?"

You're absolutely right....you'll find NO lifeguards anywhere on Eden Rock or anywhere else on Cayman IME so when a non-swimmer gets in trouble their only hope is a good sam' huh . . .

Wear a t-shirt identifying yourself so I can look the other way .... but sadly for me, I'll still feel obligated to once again risk my life to save that of a fool...I'll assume it was an honest mistake. Actually I won't think about 'til after the fact. That's what I was paid for and that's something hard to get out of your system.

I liked my job enuf to do it for 33 years and shook my head at the foolishness that caused most of the emergency responses I was involved in. A little common sense - like don't go in the water when you KNOW you can't swim - would have eliminated much of the risk.

And let's NOT talk about the remorse a first responder feels when they were a little too late, and the outcome a sad one; despite the fact the situation was self inflicted..... we still feel pretty bad. And even worse, sometimes we loose people people in the effort, or maybe you forgot about that too.

But sorry for the rant .... all I'm trying to do is save a life. Let's not let that get in the way of a little fun.

Wanna stay away from my beach? I think it is your loss, not mine, cuz if you get in trouble on my beach I'm fairly confident who'll be heading out to try and help..... If I get there and you don't want the help, just say so. I've dealt with that b4 too. We figure out how to effect a rescue despite victims actions whenever possible.

Capt BJ --

Thanks for your rant. It may make some folks think twice before taking on something they are not capable of doing.

Agreed! Not only can they put their life at risk but the life of the person trying to rescue them. Thanks!

Archived