Dancing question

jerblu

Does anyone know about dancing on the Summit? The size of the floor in particular. I'd like to know if it's possible to do a regulation foxtrot; I'm not expecting a quickstep.

Size of the floor, how long the band plays, if they play every night.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

Does anyone know about dancing on the Summit? The size of the floor in particular. I'd like to know if it's possible to do a regulation foxtrot; I'm not expecting a quickstep.

Size of the floor, how long the band plays, if they play every night.

Thanks in advance.

Jerry

It depends. If the band is good, the floor will be very crowded. There is a "ballroom" type band that plays in Rendezvous lounge from 5:30 to 6:15 and 7:45 to 8:45 almost every evening. In the Bar at The Edge (10 or 10:30+ observation lounge deck 11), the floor is larger but the party band plays a different mix (swing, disco, party) depending on the crowd.

The dance floors are large enough but they have to be shared depending on the quality of the song. You can check out the deck plans on the Celebrity web site for an approximate size.

Have fun.

We haven't been on the Summit - but have been on the Millennium (same class ship) 4 times. If you are a ballroom dancer, you will find the floors very small. And you will not be able to do a regulation fox trot - especially in the rendez-vous between the dinner seatings. The floor is much to crowded and most people don't know or practice proper floor etiquette. We usually end up dancing on the carpet or aisles. However, we have found that during the last couple of hours of the evening that the band or duo performs, the floor does empty out and you can dance to your hearts content.

Go to the Nightclub on the Sunrise Deck. It is usually a disco, but you could ask the DJ to play a Fox-Trot and he will. It has a really huge dance floor and usually not too crowded.

Hope This Helps.

The dance floor in the disco on the M-class ships isn't that much larger than the floor in the Rendez-vous. It is by no means big - especially if you do a lot of ballroom dancing at ballrooms. The only line that I know of has a proper ballroom is Cunard.

Also, I am not sure what type of floor the disco has - the Millie has a metal floor in the disco while the Rendez-vous has a wood floor.

Archived