Please Post Pics of Your LEGAL Bar

[quote name='bankerbabe']I don't feel like I'm wasting it if I don't smuggle . . . I feel like I am paying for the convenience and relative security of having the bar set up for me without having to worry about getting my liquor confiscated.

It's kind of like mowing the lawn. I could mow it myself (or, more likely, have the hubby do it) or I could pay for the convenience of having someone else do it. Is it a waste of money to pay someone else? Or is it a worthwhile expense. It depends on your priorities.[/quote]

That's an odd analogy...comparing it to mowing the grass. It only takes 5 minutes to "hide" alcohol, i'd guess it takes a lot longer to mow your yard.

[B][U]Warm Breezes says to AvaGirl123[/U][/B]
How does my saying that I couldn't imagine drinking enough to make smuggling worth it to me have anything to do with what other people are thinking or doing? I was commenting on the OP's post that he is not alone in not drinking that much. Has nothing to do with anyone else. Go bash someone else.

Not bashing.. Just stating my opinion of how your post and the Op's post you were responding to came off to me..;)

[quote name='fre1fred2']That's an odd analogy...comparing it to mowing the grass. It only takes 5 minutes to "hide" alcohol, i'd guess it takes a lot longer to mow your yard.[/quote]

OK, maybe mowing grass wasn't the best example. How about ironing shirts, or picking up dog doo. You get my drift.

[quote name='gonzo1124']This may sound weird to many (and I might be the minority here), but when I go on a cruise or a vacation, drinking alcohol is not the first thing on my mind even though I will buy a drink now and then. However, having to figure out how many bottles of booze to smuggle is not important to me and I still have lots of fun on my vacations. Am I so different? I'm beginning to feel like I will be the only one sober on my next cruise after visiting this site.
:confused:[/quote]

Nope not just you. We are the same way. I admit it is funny to see what people will do to get a bottle on board.

[quote name='bankerbabe']I don't feel like I'm wasting it if I don't smuggle . . . I feel like I am paying for the convenience and relative security of having the bar set up for me without having to worry about getting my liquor confiscated.

It's kind of like mowing the lawn. I could mow it myself (or, more likely, have the hubby do it) or I could pay for the convenience of having someone else do it. Is it a waste of money to pay someone else? Or is it a worthwhile expense. It depends on your priorities.[/QUOTE]

I kind of like this idea. It does not cost THAT much more to just call ahead and order you favoite hooch. Plus you do not have to lug it around, risk it breaking inside you suitcase, or <gasp> being confinscated by the "man".

[quote name='bankerbabe']OK, maybe mowing grass wasn't the best example. How about ironing shirts, or picking up dog doo. You get my drift.[/quote]

I know what you mean. I'd just rather the money I save go in my families pocket than Carnival's. If their prices were not so exhorbant for BV, less people would smuggle. When the risk outweight the reward, people will risk it. Lower the BV rate and more people would pay and less would smuggle.

[quote name='mathgeek1978']
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Well, I have NEVER smuggled alcohol and am wondering whether there are any other law-abiding citizens besides me who RESPECT AND OBEY the rules?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][B]I am posting a picture of my fully LEGAL bar here:[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR="red"]Are there anybody out there who have pics of your legal bar setup? Please post those pics and be proud of it.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[IMG]http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae295/mathgeekcruisepics/CIMG0244.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://joebat1.8m.net/%20%20Elaines_playhouse%20/Drinks/Legal.jpg[/IMG]

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="3"]Another FULLY Legal Bar............

Until........

The luggage is delivered ~~!!~~[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='bankerbabe']I, for one, would like to see some more pictures of Bon Voyage bar setups and what they cost. I might like to purchase a setup before our cruise next year so that I can mix a drink or three while I sit on our first-ever aft balcony and watch the ocean go by. It would sure be easier than having to traipse up to a bar to get a drink.

I don't want to hastle with smuggling, since we are coming from Oregon and would have to locate a liquor store, etc. It's more work than I'm willing to do.

So, if you have pictures, please post them for us![/quote]

very true, that is what this post was supposed to be.. just pics of your bar set up, minus the smuggling part.

I didn't expect this thread to turn into a heated debate; but then I should have known better -- any mention of smuggling alcohol will certainly trigger a debate in full force. This was not my intent.

I have re-read my original post and saw that some of my wordings might have offended some smugglers. This was not my intent to bash anyone. If anyone is offended, I apologize, and let this be the end of it.

There's another thread where people post their smuggled bars. I just want to have another thread that people can post pics of bar setups that are purchased through Carnival. We can see what they bring, how they set it up, and if they want to share, how much it cost. I am sure there are other people who will find this info helpful.

If you have pics or useful info that you want to share, then please share it with us. If you think this is a stupid idea, then please just don't post.

[quote name='fre1fred2']I know what you mean. I'd just rather the money I save go in my families pocket than Carnival's. If their prices were not so exhorbant for BV, less people would smuggle. When the risk outweight the reward, people will risk it. Lower the BV rate and more people would pay and less would smuggle.[/quote]

A liter of Captain is $40 through BV. It was $26 when I saw it at the store on Saturday. I don't think the price through BV is outrageous at all. I actually think it is quite reasonable. :rolleyes:

I see why people would want to smuggle. Vacationing is not cheap. For those of you that smuggle to save money, do you smuggle your own drinks into land based restaurants? (I ask because when I was a food server in college, quite a few people were caught adding alcohol to their coke--pouring it from a flask they brought into the restaurant.)

[quote name='grneyedgirl']A liter of Captain is $40 through BV. It was $26 when I saw it at the store on Saturday. I don't think the price through BV is outrageous at all. I actually think it is quite reasonable. :rolleyes:

I see why people would want to smuggle. Vacationing is not cheap. For those of you that smuggle to save money, do you smuggle your own drinks into land based restaurants? (I ask because when I was a food server in college, quite a few people were caught adding alcohol to their coke--pouring it from a flask they brought into the restaurant.)[/quote]

Just once, when we were staying at luxury resort and a glass of wine was $18 a glass and beer was $9 a bottle. Other than that, I've never took alcohol into a venue where you were not already allowed to....well...other than a cruise :D.

[quote name='ava_girl_123'][B][U]Warm Breezes says to AvaGirl123[/U][/B]
How does my saying that I couldn't imagine drinking enough to make smuggling worth it to me have anything to do with what other people are thinking or doing? I was commenting on the OP's post that he is not alone in not drinking that much. Has nothing to do with anyone else. Go bash someone else.

Not bashing.. Just stating my opinion of how your post and the Op's post you were responding to came off to me..;)[/quote]

Your saying I'm "Just another person patting themselves on the back...." is not bashing? You definately have a different definition of bashing than I do. I wasn't speaking of anyone else smuggling...I was responding to the OP's question on being alone in not drinking that much on a cruise. Unlike others that jumped in and started slamming OP. OP was asking to see what bar set ups looked liked for the people that utilized BV and bringing their own NA mixers. Not a crime in my book and not deserving the bashing he received.

[quote name='Warm Breezes']Your saying I'm "Just another person patting themselves on the back...." is not bashing? You definately have a different definition of bashing than I do. I wasn't speaking of anyone else smuggling...I was responding to the OP's question on being alone in not drinking that much on a cruise. Unlike others that jumped in and started slamming OP. OP was asking to see what bar set ups looked liked for the people that utilized BV and bringing their own NA mixers. Not a crime in my book and not deserving the bashing he received.[/quote]

You were not responding to the Op's post.. You responded and quoted Gonzo1124's post. Think what you may.

The Op's user name is MathGeek1978, he is the person who started this thread and has since apollogized as he himself said he re-read his original post and said his wordings may have offended some smugglers.

You are correct, the OP has the right to ask to see pictures of un-smuggled liquor, I myself would like to see how big bottles are that BV sells for my future cruises.
What started people getting annoyed was the OP's comments of
"[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Well, I have NEVER smuggled alcohol and am wondering whether there are any other [COLOR=red]law-abiding citizens besides me[/COLOR] who RESPECT AND OBEY the rules?[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]No need for me to comment further as you can re-read why posters became annoyed.. ;)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]

You know I would buy from the BV department if they carried my brand of Vodka...I love Svedka vodka and is pretty much all I buy. My friend on the other hand only drinks Absolute. So I think I might buy her a bottle from the BV as a early Bday present....with all the drama over the fan, I am afraid I am "flagged"....so I wont try to take on a Rum Runner...I will deal with paying for my addiction and be happy just to be onboard.

[quote name='kf657']Just call the Bon Voyage department, I ordered Absolut Vodka and Malibu rum for our cabin. Took 5 minutes and cost about 100.00. I can't be bothered worrying about smuggling...I do not need to drink that much on a cruise to make it worth while trying to sneak it on...
I will bring juice and such with us, also a bottle or two of wine, [COLOR=red]should be enough for the 7 of us for 7 days.[/COLOR]..[/quote]

For you maybe, but for me, I brought 3 liters of booze, a case of beer and 6 bottles of wine for the 2 of us for 7 days.

[quote name='grneyedgirl']A liter of Captain is $40 through BV. It was $26 when I saw it at the store on Saturday. I don't think the price through BV is outrageous at all. I actually think it is quite reasonable. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

A liter of Captain is $14.99 locally (Atlanta). BV isn't the only one that's outrageous... :eek:

The true ripoff is a 1L bottle Malibu coconut rum for $55 when it's $13.49 locally. The stuff is only 42 proof, half the strength of regular rum. I didn't check if BV carries Parrot Bay Coconut 90 though.

For the record, my BV order for Fascination had 7% sales tax add to the $40. Locally it's 6%, so close enough in terms of tax.

At the end of the day, though, here's my thinking -- if you go with smuggling, then in addition to the cost savings of succeeding, you also have to figure in the risk-weighted cost of NOT succeeding and factor in either the value of your diminished enjoyment of the cruise or the cost of the drinks by-the-glass to replace the lost contraband. How that factors for each person will be different.

[quote name='Crusin Karen']Thanks for quoting the BV prices. Question: what size bottles? XXL or teeny tiny? :confused:[/QUOTE]

BV said 1 liter when I talked to them. Yet I saw someone comment something about [URL="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24266316&postcount=12"]receiving a 1.4L bottle[/URL] however, so I look forward to finding out in a few days if it's true.

[quote name='kf657']Just call the Bon Voyage department, I ordered Absolut Vodka and Malibu rum for our cabin. Took 5 minutes and cost about 100.00. I can't be bothered worrying about smuggling...I do not need to drink that much on a cruise to make it worth while trying to sneak it on...
I will bring juice and such with us, also a bottle or two of wine, should be enough for the 7 of us for 7 days...[/QUOTE]

Do we know if they carry Parrot Bay?

Thanks!

[quote name='Crusin Karen'] What about the mixers? Did you bring them on in your suitcase?[/QUOTE]

From Carnival.com at [url]http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx[/url]

[quote]Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation Day:

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring on board one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, only in their carry-on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the steakhouse. [B]Guests may bring a small quantity (package of 12 per person) of non-alcoholic beverages.[/B] All prohibited alcohol, excessive quantities of wine/champagne or non-alcoholic beverages will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained item(s) will be delivered to your stateroom on the last night of the cruise. Unsealed containers with prohibited liquids will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case. [/quote]

[quote name='Crusin Karen']Can you order from BV when you embark? Or does this have to be done before the cruise.[/QUOTE]

At least a few days before would be best.

It's been said that some ships allow ordering bottles via room service but it depends on the ship (if the Pursar wants to mess with the paperwork).

Safest to order ahead of time and limit surprises.

Archived