Lobster?

So here's the question.......... is it true that Australians don't like lobster? That's what the MaitreD' told us on Rhapsody repositioning cruise Sydney to Honners leg. Curious minds would love to know. That's why there wasn't any on the ship - not one lobster dinner in 16 nights! Three formal nights and if you wanted a decent steak you had to pay for it.

I'm an Ausie and i like lobster. I just generally can't afford to eat it. I haven't been on a cruise yet . My first cruise will be Oct this year so I

hope I get lobster on it. (splendour of the seas ) and don't they even serve steak? What do we get included for our meals? Lynee

I'm an Ausie and i like lobster. I just generally can't afford to eat it. I haven't been on a cruise yet . My first cruise will be Oct this year so I

hope I get lobster on it. (splendour of the seas ) and don't they even serve steak? What do we get included for our meals? Lynee

What do you get ??:confused: :rolleyes: You will get -- Chico rolls, 4'n twenty, and a bit of spag bog on special ocassions:D

Seriously, the lobsters served are usually Caribbean thingo's that are not as good as Maine, and no where near our WA or King Island offerings. And we also prefer cold with pepper and vinegar, rather than overcooked and with butter like those served. --- But thats a personal taste thing, isnt it?

In Oz, cant afford any of them either, so, on ships, end up ordering a couple for dinner, just to see if they are getting better. (By the way, thats not a problem)

"House" steaks are getting tougher IMHO, but you can now order and pay extra for specialty steaks, such as fillet mignon, in dining room.. ... However, Prime rib is to die for (well, almost) , and plenty of choices will keep your Ozzie palate very satisfied...

Just know that you will love the O/S RCI ships. Have fun...

Sue and Phil.

No lobster on Med cruises, I believe.

LOL, I know how much most of us love lobster! That's why it was SO STRANGE to hear that Australians don't and so they don't carry it when Rhapsody is there or repositioning. I think it is just a crock! As far as steak goes, the sort order cooks working in the kitchen don't seem to be able to cook the pitiful piece of meat they offer. The Filet on the other hand (that you must pay for) was outstanding per my friend who ordered it.

Archived