frst cruise, excursion recomendations please

dbttct

We are going on our first cruise in Oct 2010. (Carnival Elation with stops in MoBay, GC and Coz) We are planning the horseback ride from Island marketing Ltd in MoBay, Sailing with stingray sailing in GC, and walking to shop, eat and beach at Coz.. We have a 6 year old and are limited in what we can do. Any comments would be greatly appreciated since we are jumping into tours blind. My biggest concern is Jamaica. GC tour has great reviews.

Thanks Dave

We just got back last week. You'll love Stingray sailing, as will your daughter. Be sure to take a disposible underwater camera (Walmart under $10) with you. It's a great photo op.

We are going on our first cruise in Oct 2010. (Carnival Elation with stops in MoBay, GC and Coz) We are planning the horseback ride from Island marketing Ltd in MoBay, Sailing with stingray sailing in GC, and walking to shop, eat and beach at Coz.. We have a 6 year old and are limited in what we can do. Any comments would be greatly appreciated since we are jumping into tours blind. My biggest concern is Jamaica. GC tour has great reviews.

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave, I don't know if this will help you out or not but we found a set of DVD's at our local library titled " The Ultimate Cruise Collection" It is a set of 6 DVD's and covers 74 ports of call. The discs are separated into Alaska, Hawaii & Tahiti, Mexico, Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean,and Europe. We are on a Western Caribbean Cruise in Oct as well. These Dvd's were helpful as it showed not only highlights of the ports of call but also of some of the top rated excursions as well. It allowed us to view the dvd's and stop,pause and gather some great info. It was also something that we could view as a family.

The DVD's in this collection are rather new so the info is not outdated. They are made by Questar Entertainment.

Good Luck and have a great cruise.

We took the Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran Excursion through GrandCaymanCruiseExcursion dot com and had a fantastic time. This is also and Island Marketing website. We sailed with Captain Bryan who was great with the kids.

The tour we took was a 3 stop tour, Stingray City, Coral Gardens, and the Barrier Reef. At Stingray City the water is about 3'-4' deep so you can stand and get to feed the rays. Captain Bryan and his first mate got into the water and helped everyone touch the stingrays and get a "stingray back massage". He was very knowledgeable of the creatures and shared his knowledge, especially my very inquisitive 11 year old. :rolleyes:

We were only a day ahead of Hurricane Ida so the water was pretty choppy. When we arrived at Stingray city there were alot of boats in a small space. And with the choppy water, the boats were bouncing awefully close to the swimmers. Captain Bryan told us that he didn't feel safe having us in the water with so many boats in one location (at least 12 boats), so we switched our itinerary around, doing the coral gardens first and the sting rays second. (Only took about 10 minutes out of our time). When we came back to Sting Ray City there was only one other boat in the area so we had the stingrays pretty much to ourselves.

I highly recommend this excursion, as a matter of fact, I am going back to Grand Cayman with some friends in September and will be doing this same tour, as my friends have never swam with the stingrays before.:D

We used Moby Dick during our Destiny cruise and there were several families with children on that excursion. The crew was great and had kid sized gear - you might check them out. Good luck!:)

Archived