Suggestions/comments on private taxi for tour shopping and beach

tp n gp

I've been researching for our day in St. Thomas and need some advise on a private taxi/safari bus for a small group (8 people) arriving at 7 am on Sunday May 1st until 6 pm. If we hire a service would the 8 of us be the only passengers so we may customize our tour to our likings vs. taking the majority rule? I would not mind paying an extra 5 or 10 per person for the personal service. From what I've read here Godfrey appears to take multiple clients so the majority rule seems to apply for beach choices. It appears other than Godfrey we would be spending any where from 25 to 35 per person based on published rates depending on our itenerary (tour/beach or adding on shopping). Does anyone have comments on Air Force 1 Fun Taxi, Alllembert Tours, Hamblet's Island Paradise St. Thomas Taxi and Tour Service, Godfreys, etc. It appears to me there would be plenty of shopping available back at the ship dock vs paying extra to stop downtown. Instead of shopping what if we would want to be dropped off at a restaraunt or pub on the way back. Any comments or suggestions from past clients? Any other services than those I mentioned that are reputable?

When we got in port we just asked the next available taxi driver what it would cost to take us on a private tour of the island for 1/2 day. There was just the two of us in his safari bus and it cost us $150. It was well worth it because he drove us all over the island and stopped at many beaches for us to take a look. Drove up to mountain top and many other places. Very nice tour. With 8 of you it would be very cheap to do it this way.Enjoy!

Laura

Archived