First Day and other questions...Spirit

lbeatty

I haven't done this before, but I believe you would leave it in your carry on bag and once they scan it and if they see the bottle and mention it you will be asked to step aside and pay the corkage fee and a sticker is placed on your bottle. You carry the bottle on yourself and can drink it in your cabin or carry it to a restaurant. If you don't finish the bottle at the restaurant they can tag it for you and you will get a receipt. Show the receipt at the next restaurant or lounge and they will get your bottle for you and serve it.

We just did this on the Sky. You need to remove it from your carry on and tell them you need to pay the corkage fee. They will move it to a separate table where you go and sign for the bottle. If you leave it inside your luggage (carry on) they will assume you are trying to smuggle from what I have seen on previous cruises.

We are going on the Spirit, 14-day R/T in September/October from Boston to Quebec City. Your pictures are amazing - you should sell them to NCL for marketing purposes! Thanks for posting them.

Annie & Les

Thanks. We really did enjoy the Spirit. Beautiful ship, good food, wonderful staff. Already thinking about where next.

Wait! So I have to carry my wine on to the ship? I cannot leave it in my carry on?

I just want to be prepared.

When you get to the X-ray machine take the wine out of your carry-on.

You will be directed to a table to pay the 15$ corkage fee. They will put a sticker on your bottle. You can then put it back in your carry-on.

Have a fun cruise

Biker

When you get to the X-ray machine take the wine out of your carry-on.

You will be directed to a table to pay the 15$ corkage fee. They will put a sticker on your bottle. You can then put it back in your carry-on.

Have a fun cruise

Biker

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just got back today. :)

Just wanted to share that they DID provide us with a refrigerator. I requested one over the phone with NCL a couple days before my trip.

Also, as of right now, no corking fee was put on my account for the bottle of wine I put in my carry on suitcase. I took the bottle out and filled out the form. He gave me a receipt but did not put a sticker on the bottle. No corking fee so far.

I did take a visit to Swizzle Inn. That was great.

Did the 3 day bus pass and road the buses around and the ferry.

Went to Horseshoe Bay Beach as the locals told us that was the cleanest and had bathrooms and a restaurant. They said the others are dirty or had no bathrooms/restaurants. It was BEAUTIFUL and not too crowded. Loved it.

I used my Debit card but kept paying down with cash. This morning my balance of $88 was put on the debit card. Just checked online and so far no charges at all from NCL. So I am hoping that means I won't encounter any of the 'holds' or unwanted charges I keep hearing about. So far so good. :)

Thanks, everyone, for the all the tips and advice. It was a GREAT vacation.

Glad to hear you had a good time! We leave a week from today. How were the seas? Did you feel seasick at all? Did you take anything (like bonine or dramamine)? I am getting increasingly anxious about this, although I am not prone to motion sickness, I can't stand the idea of being sick and trapped on a rocking ship!!

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a good vacation. We too had a refrigerator on the Spirit even though it was not in the cabin when we first arrived. A friendly reminder did the trick. We did not make it to Swizzle Inn when we were there in October; the weather wasn't as great as we would have liked and it was outside of tourist season. It always appeared to be closed when we drove by on a tour. Tell us more if you feel like sharing.:)

Glad to hear you had a good time! We leave a week from today. How were the seas? Did you feel seasick at all? Did you take anything (like bonine or dramamine)? I am getting increasingly anxious about this, although I am not prone to motion sickness, I can't stand the idea of being sick and trapped on a rocking ship!!

I was never prone to sea sickness and was even on a cruise in a hurricane (10 years ago though) but Wednesday night the ship was a rockin and I felt very ill. I popped 2 Dramamine and had some soda and rolaids and lied down. It worked because I really thought I'd throw up but I never did.

But that was it. Otherwise I was perfectly fine. It was a very bad storm. Huge waves.

Welcome home! Glad to hear you had a good vacation. We too had a refrigerator on the Spirit even though it was not in the cabin when we first arrived. A friendly reminder did the trick. We did not make it to Swizzle Inn when we were there in October; the weather wasn't as great as we would have liked and it was outside of tourist season. It always appeared to be closed when we drove by on a tour. Tell us more if you feel like sharing.:)

I was very happy and a bit surprised to see the fridge already there in our cabin after asking about it here. :)

Swizzle is was a fun experience. The bus dropped us off right across the street. It was busy but plenty of seats inside. We sat inside and looked around and then a table opened up outside so we moved out there.

The inside is quite interesting with napkins, business cards posted everywhere; the walls and ceiling. Also, words and names were etched in the wood as well. It was cool.

We got a shaker of swizzle which I think was $23.95 plus $6. if you want to buy the souvenier shaker. It was YUMMY!

We also ordered the seasoned fries and a crab dip I think. Both were very good. I bought a key chain in the gift shop upstairs. All in all, a fun experience.

My wife gets motion sick easily. However, she takes bonine the evening before a cruise and then 2 or 3 times a day on the cruise and has never become sick. For her, it really works.

I was very happy and a bit surprised to see the fridge already there in our cabin after asking about it here. :)

Swizzle is was a fun experience. The bus dropped us off right across the street. It was busy but plenty of seats inside. We sat inside and looked around and then a table opened up outside so we moved out there.

The inside is quite interesting with napkins, business cards posted everywhere; the walls and ceiling. Also, words and names were etched in the wood as well. It was cool.

We got a shaker of swizzle which I think was $23.95 plus $6. if you want to buy the souvenier shaker. It was YUMMY!

We also ordered the seasoned fries and a crab dip I think. Both were very good. I bought a key chain in the gift shop upstairs. All in all, a fun experience.

Did you like the bus ride around the Island? Did you think the scooter riders are crazy??

One of my favorite memories is sitting on the 2nd floor porch of the Swizzle Inn with a cold pitcher lovin life.

Archived