Upgrade Call - Was It A Good Deal?

LSEA

Just got off the phone with Carnival regarding an upcoming Fascination trip. Had a 4C in Upper Deck 200's, went to a 6E in Empress Deck 100's. They charged me $50, total. I am glad to have the window as I was regretting not booking that originally, but just curious about the value for future reference.

I would have done it. The window will help, but I like being on the Empress Deck. It is easier to avoid the elevators and walk up the stairs to where you want to go. I have had a cabin near yours and it is just a small walk down the hall to the lobby also.

Thanks for the feedback. I am glad I took it. Like I said, I was regretting not going with an OV in the first place. Of course I love balconies but for anything less than 7 days I choose OV or interior. Once, long ago when I first starting cruising I got an offer to move from a standard balcony on HAL to a full suite for just a few hundred bucks per person. I didn't know anything so I turned it down. In retrospect I should have jumped on it. Live and learn.

Just wanted to add my $.02 here. I absolutely recommend upgrading to at least Oceanview. Even a small porthole lets in enough light that you can leave the lights off and enjoy sunlight during the day. Nothing better than waking up and being able to look outside in the morning and see where you are...at sea or at port.

Honestly, $50 in the grand scheme of the cost of a cruise is well worth it. IMHO.

Enjoy!

Dave

Archived