CCL Liberty or RCI Freedom of the Seas

We have been on the Liberty before and have gone on 3 other Carnival ships. My wife wants to try the FOS on the Western Carribean with 4 boys ages 17-20 and myself. We have enjoyed CCL but feel that maybe we should try another line. RCI cost about 70% more on this itinerary. I would rather not because of the price, but my wife is really pushing me on this one. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated so that we can make a decision. We will not be going until Sept of 2011 but want to make a decision soon. She also brought up the Oasis but.......:eek:

Thank you

I've been on the CCl Liberty and the Freedom's sister ship, the Liberty of the Seas. We enjoyed both ships very much, and thought overall the Freedom class ships have some amenities that are a little nicer than Carnival's and I thought the service was a tad better as well. Food was hit or miss on both. The Carnival had better food in the MDR and specialty resteraunt, and RCI had better food at the buffet. All of that being said, I think the RCI is a little more up to date with some very cool things that the Liberty does'nt offer (skating rink, wave thing, jacuzzi overhanging the ship, nicer adult pool, to mention a few) That's not to say that the Carnival is a bad ship. In fact, I think it happens to be an exceptional overall value. Either way I don't think you can make a bad decision. If price is your driving factor, than Carnival is hard to beat. If you want the "wow" factor, and a ship with some nicer ammenities the Freedom class has the Carnival hands down. Good luck with your decision.

For a balcony in early September, 2011, Carnival Liberty is $569, RCCL's Freedom of the Seas is $899 and Oasis of the Seas is $979. All of these are excellent prices. I would choose Freedom of the Seas, especially with teenagers. For a first RCCL cruise, Oasis might be sensory overload. :D

Archived